Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 09:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Time at Heinz Field  (Read 788 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« on: Dec 29, 2009 at 22:04 »

So, me, the brother & new fiancee, sister & BIL drove to Pittsburgh early Saturday morning and went to our first Steelers game in Heinz Field on Sunday.
Thanks to Oat's friend (and mine), we had an awesome intro to Pittsburgh on Saturday, great tailgating on Sunday, and an all-round perfect weekend.

And now, I have to confess.

I LOVE Renegade.  My sis, bro & I all sat in separate sections, so we weren't all together when it was played, but the consensus after the game is that we were all so hyped up when they played it, that we were all in tears.  It was a little like going to Mecca.  I swear.  If there's a heaven, it was what I experienced on Sunday.

The pilgrimage to Pittsburgh will become at least an annual thing, so hopefully I can work out meeting up with some of you guys one of these days.
Then, I'm also seriously considering taking the PA bar in July and moving to Pittsburgh as soon as I can find a job.  You'll be stuck with me then..
 eck02 eck02 eck02

Good God I love the Steelers.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 08:42 »

Renegade?  Seriously?

Where did you go Saturday night?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:17 »

Renegade?  Seriously?

I totally agree with LC.  The song actually takes on a whole new persona when played at a deafening volume, in front of 70,000 of the best football fans in the world and accompanied by a video tribute to the Steeler's defense.  It's an experience you have to witness in person to fully grasp the songs magnitude.  Some may even mistake it as a religious event.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:39 »

Renegade?  Seriously?

I totally agree with LC.  The song actually takes on a whole new persona when played at a deafening volume, in front of 70,000 of the best football fans in the world and accompanied by a video tribute to the Steeler's defense.  It's an experience you have to witness in person to fully grasp the songs magnitude.  Some may even mistake it as a religious event.

Yeah, been there, done that, skipped buying the soundtrack.  I can think of a few thousand songs I'd rather hear to get the crowd stoked, and I can't even enjoy it through the prism of irony or contextualizing. 

So, different strokes.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 13:46 »

I can see where it might get old eventually, but the first time.....it was an amazing experience.
Just being around that many Steelers fans was an amazing experience.  You have to remember that I'm used to being around Bungles fans mostly, and they only come out of the woodwork when they win...

Finny - Saturday started with meeting up with Ro in the Strip District, lunch at Primanti Brothers, shopping at Hometown Sports in Station Square, a ride on the Monongahela Incline, then a trip to the South Side.
We went to Fat Head's, grabbed dinner at Piper's Pub, then went into Hines' bar for a bit.
We then went to Casey's, hoping to see Shaun the midget, but alas, he wasn't getting there until after 10pm.  Since we'd been on the road since 6am, we decided the midget would have to wait until next time.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 14:21 »

Since we'd been on the road since 6am, we decided the midget would have to wait until next time.

If I had a dollar...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009 at 14:29 »

Congrats leigh!   clap eck02 clap

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2010 at 13:23 »

Gotta say, I agree with LC on this one.  There is something about that song in that stadium that seems to lift the fans and the defense.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:07 »

lunch at Primanti Brothers

Is there anything better in this world? I don't think so!
I'd LOVE to meet you for a game, hopefully it will work out for next year.
Anyone else in??

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 09:06 »

lunch at Primanti Brothers

I'd LOVE to meet you for a game, hopefully it will work out for next year.
Anyone else in??

:MGSthreesome:

...Giggity...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: