Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 05:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Th-th-th-that's all, folks!  (Read 2153 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 03, 2010 at 18:10 »

Fuckin Raiders.

angry5

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010 at 18:13 »

Ironic part is, KC is gashing the Boncos...

And the Bengals will have something to play for (and therefore likely beat the J-E-T-S Jets).

What happens when you pin your hopes to Chuckles Frye and JaMarcus fuckin' Russell.

Or when you don't beat Oaktown, KC, or fucking CLEVELAND in the regular.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010 at 18:20 »

BTW, if I am correct, by winning and finishing 9-7, the Steelers draft 20th regardless of the late game outcomes...

So, 20, give or take a spot...

Pain

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010 at 18:21 »

This sucks...

If the Jets lose, are the Texans in? And if the Texans get in, do they get is it because they beat the Raiders in the reg when we didn't? Is that the tie breaker over division records?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2010 at 22:51 »

This sucks...

If the Jets lose, are the Texans in? And if the Texans get in, do they get is it because they beat the Raiders in the reg when we didn't? Is that the tie breaker over division records?

I believe the Texans have a better conference record than we do.  No matter, the Bengals are making it look like the Colts played hard last week.  So Jets and Ravens it is.

Did Frye get hurt or something?  He looked like he was playing pretty well.  Russell just sucks.

Honestly, I don't know how in the hell we lost--twice--to the Been-gals.  They are absolutely awful.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2010 at 23:13 »

Honestly, I don't know how in the hell we lost--twice--to the Been-gals.  They are absolutely awful.

What happens when you pin your hopes to Chuckles Frye and JaMarcus fuckin' Russell.

Or when you don't beat Oaktown, KC, or fucking CLEVELAND in the regular.

Without question this will go down as the most fucked up season in Steelers history.

If you'd said we're going to 9-7 at the beginning of the season I'd have said you were out of your friggin mind.

If you said we'd have injuries and would lose to San Diego, Balty, Tennessee, Minny, Green Bay, Miami, and piss one away I'd have said "must be some serious injuries to turn us into an average team."

But to beat all those teams but lose to Cleveland, Oakland, KC, Chicago, and Cincy twice?  If I were a betting man and someone gave me odds on that one I'd be standing buck naked on the street corner 'cause I'd have nothing left.

Craziest thing ever...EVER.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 04:59 »

I would have loved for the pieces to fall into place yesterday for us to make it in, but we really didn't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  Let's hope that not making it will be the wake up call to Tomlin that things need to change.  The secondary needs a complete overhaul, sans Troy.  We need some youth to replace Farrior and Snack.  There are some coaches that need to be fired.

Also, let's not forgot that our Oline is still very suspect.  Arians actually did a *gasp* good job covering up their weaknesses this year.  However, his situational playcalling blows goats.  We really need to find a new OC that can build on this year's success.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Manimal

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 06:42 »

Also, let's hope that Ben gets some coaching and that he listens to it. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but allowing 50 sacks is unacceptable, and off hand, I'd bet that half of those are on Ben not getting rid of the ball. I don't want to transform his style of play, and I'll accept him taking more sacks than anyone else, but giving up 50?

Some of those were killers, too, sacks that took us out of FG range, including plays off the top of my head against Chicago and Cincinnati, when another FG attempt would have been huge.
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:12 »

OK, I'll admit it, I shed a couple of tears yesterday when I knew we were done. Sure as hell hope Cincy is one and done in the playoffs!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:29 »

Sure as hell hope Cincy is one and done in the playoffs!

And the Ravens.

There are only two teams in the playoffs I can semi-stomach as Super Bowl champs, the Packers and the Saints. Everyone else I want to crach and burn.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: