Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 15:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Th-th-th-that's all, folks!  (Read 2538 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:50 »

Also, let's hope that Ben gets some coaching and that he listens to it. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but allowing 50 sacks is unacceptable, and off hand, I'd bet that half of those are on Ben not getting rid of the ball. I don't want to transform his style of play, and I'll accept him taking more sacks than anyone else, but giving up 50?

Some of those were killers, too, sacks that took us out of FG range, including plays off the top of my head against Chicago and Cincinnati, when another FG attempt would have been huge.

I couldn't agree more. While probably one of the most physically gifted and talented QBs ever, he is, frankly, dumb as shit. And egotistical. Throw the ball away. Scramble for a few yards and slide. Don't take a sack all the time. As manimal said, it takes you out of FG range. It also causes undue bodily harm. It also adversely shifts momentum.

If Ben would play with just an ounce of the smarts of Peyton, Brady, Brees or even, dare I say it, Philip Rivers, there could be no question that he is in the top 2 or 3 of this era. However, he repeatedly shoots himself and the team in the foot. I know his style of play produces big-time payouts at times, but considerably more often than not, his insistence on throwing deep - or throwing period - kills us.

All of that said, #7 is the last person I'd blame this crappy season on.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 10:46 »

I couldn't agree more. While probably one of the most physically gifted and talented QBs ever, he is, frankly, dumb as shit. And egotistical. Throw the ball away. Scramble for a few yards and slide. Don't take a sack all the time. As manimal said, it takes you out of FG range. It also causes undue bodily harm. It also adversely shifts momentum.

If Ben would play with just an ounce of the smarts of Peyton, Brady, Brees or even, dare I say it, Philip Rivers, there could be no question that he is in the top 2 or 3 of this era. However, he repeatedly shoots himself and the team in the foot. I know his style of play produces big-time payouts at times, but considerably more often than not, his insistence on throwing deep - or throwing period - kills us.

Yeah, those big-ass rings on his hand and two new Lombardis in the trophy case after a 26-year hiatus...too bad he can't be more like Peyton or Brees or Rivers.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 11:04 »

I believe the Texans have a better conference record than we do.  No matter, the Bengals are making it look like the Colts played hard last week.  So Jets and Ravens it is.

Did Frye get hurt or something?  He looked like he was playing pretty well.  Russell just sucks.

Never thought I'd say this, but Frye being taken out of a game killed us.  He looked like a pro bowler out there, and I'm not being sarcastic.  He took 5 or 6 pretty good shots while standing in the pocket and taking a hit as he delivered some strikes.  Not kidding, he was throwing pin point bullets.  I think it was in the 3rd qtr Russell came in and he did OK for about a quarter but went back to his crappy self after that.  Raider D didn't help giving up a 75 yd TD run to Rice.

I always want the AFC to win the Superbowl, no matter what.  Having said that, I would pull for the NFC over San Diego and Balty, but those are the only AFC teams I'd root against.  Wouldn't mind seeing Jets win.  Manning or Brady winning again would be painful, but would rather see that than NFC winning.  It wouldn't kill us for the Bengals to do well even though it doesn't look like they could beat the Steelers right now, which isn't saying much.   I can't stand the thought of Brees or Romo winning a SB.  That would just be torture. In the NFC, I could live with Favre or McNabb winning. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 13:11 »

Yeah, those big-ass rings on his hand and two new Lombardis in the trophy case after a 26-year hiatus...too bad he can't be more like Peyton or Brees or Rivers.

How myopic. Roethlisberger is clearly a winner, but he doesn't do much - nay, anything - to minimize injury risk. You don't see those guys take many hits. You don't see those guys with headline-grabbing amounts of concussions.

Any objective Steelers fan will tell you that Roethlisberger makes many unwise decisions throughout the course of a season, which result in yardage losses and sometimes, his absense (sp?).

And lastly, at this point in their respective careers, I'm sorry, but Peyton and Brees - from a mechanical and game management perspective - are head and shoulders above Roethlisberger, IMO. I love Roethlisberger, but he could be a million times better with some minor adjustments between the ears and more humility.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 13:29 »

Brees?  What he done?

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 13:37 »

Brees?  What he done?

Dude locked up a #1 seed, all the while with a skidmark on his face.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 14:21 »

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 14:43 »

All day yesterday Dierdorf called him "one tough hombre"

When I herd him say that, the first thing that came to mind was "if he was so tough, he would have played in the first Ravens game and we'd be going to the playoffs...

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 15:44 »

Brees?  What he done?

Dude locked up a #1 seed, all the while with a skidmark on his face.

LMAO

I don't think you get into Canton by locking up a 1st seed.

TucsonSteeler

« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 16:11 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: