Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 21, 2014 at 05:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assuming Arrians has been fired (per ken Laird) who do you want?  (Read 1824 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 16:21 »

FYI...do you remember that Chan Gailey was running the offense that refused to stop throwing against Dallas in Super Bowl XXX? When Bam Morris was shredding the Cowboys D late, and they looked really gassed? When we were down by only 3, with the ball near midfield? And even though two -- I think it was Ernie Mills and Andre Hastings -- receivers were out late, due to injury?

Gailey STILL went with a multi-receiver set and Blowdonnel throws to Corey Holiday, who runs the wrong route, and Larry Brown is Super Bowl XXX MVP.

Very Arians-esque. Gailey just didn't have a Ben to bail him out.

Still, Gailey would be an improvement. But he is just too old, and has had some health issues.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 16:35 »

One reason I like the Arians departure is that it suggests that Ben's sway only goes so far.  Ben is a great football player but as I mentioned elsewhere, I don't expect him to always know what is best for him and/or the team.

But Mommy, I want chockwit cake for breakfast!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 16:40 »

One reason I like the Arians departure is that it suggests that Ben's sway only goes so far.  Ben is a great football player but as I mentioned elsewhere, I don't expect him to always know what is best for him and/or the team.

But Mommy, I want chockwit cake for breakfast!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201579

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 16:55 »

That is pretty funny.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 18:10 »

FYI...do you remember that Chan Gailey was running the offense that refused to stop throwing against Dallas in Super Bowl XXX? When Bam Morris was shredding the Cowboys D late, and they looked really gassed? When we were down by only 3, with the ball near midfield? And even though two -- I think it was Ernie Mills and Andre Hastings -- receivers were out late, due to injury?

Gailey STILL went with a multi-receiver set and Blowdonnel throws to Corey Holiday, who runs the wrong route, and Larry Brown is Super Bowl XXX MVP.

Very Arians-esque. Gailey just didn't have a Ben to bail him out.

Still, Gailey would be an improvement. But he is just too old, and has had some health issues.

Wow....now that is some revisionist history!

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 18:27 »

I'm not going to celebrate until the Steelers confirm this, that would be too much of a letdown.

You folks are dreaming if you think they'll bring in some random big name guy to run this offense.  It's going to be a promotion from within or someone outside the organization that Tomlin has worked with in the past.  I agree with Finny's long-running theory that it'll be the WR coach.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 21:32 »

iagree

What boot said.

I don't have any interest in Martz or Weiss.  If we do get rid of one arrogant ass--why hire another one?

I'd take Weiss between the two, but I don't think Ben's skill set fits what Weiss would want to do.  One thing's for sure, if Ben's arrogance is a problem, Weiss will have no issue with getting in his grill and telling him who is boss.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 04:50 »

It really is a shame that Norv Turner hasn't fallen on his face this year. He'd have been a great OC.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 09:12 »

We should've hired Cam Cameron...or is that the guy from Growing Pains?

Or is that DJ from Full House?

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 09:24 »

We should've hired Cam Cameron...or is that the guy from Growing Pains?

Or is that DJ from Full House?

Cam Cameron is eagerly awaiting Blondie's Rapture.  Or wait, maybe that was the douche from Growing Pains?

So WTF happens when the Lord theoretically Hoovers half the people off the face of the planet, Cam Cameron?!?  I mean, everyone left behind pretty much knows they're not getting a condo in the marshmallow fluff cloud development.  You think a lot of people are on shrinks' couches now, everyone will be like Where the fuck did I fuck this shit up this badly? and It's mom's fault for not giving me enough hugs and Hey, I'm sorry I fucked that goat... twice...  Plus, after the Hoovering, it's pretty much license for anarchy.  So, Cam Cameron, the Rapture is like the biggest disincentive God could ever devise... And why? WHY?!?  Cuz He wants to watch the leftovers go apeshit?  Is that how your God gets His jollies, Cam Cameron?!?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: