Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 00:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: According to Wexell, Arians may have leaked the rumor about him being fired  (Read 603 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Jan 06, 2010 at 10:57 »

WTF?

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 11:54 »

To get his name out there for other possible positions? I just wish they would officially announce the dickbag is fired already.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 11:59 »

To get his name out there for other possible positions? I just wish they would officially announce the dickbag is fired already.

Assuming there is any truth to this, it seems pretty pointless to wait around for an official announcement.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:13 »

Well Bouchette said in his chat yesterday that he expects Arians back. I think that was before the "leak" but espn has jumped the gun before.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:16 »

I've been obsessively checking around online for actual confirmation he's gone.  I'm getting nervous.

Arians' emblematic moment for me was the pitch to MM on third down against the Chiefs.  We haven't run a proper sweep in years, so why not try it with our slowest back when a first down puts us in FG range?  Idiot.

Anyone else notice how it only took him 15 weeks this season to realize that when you have 4 good receivers who demand real coverage, someone other than the TE can release out of the backfield to catch a screen?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:18 »

Folks, I have to come clean.  This is hard to do, since I assiduously laid the backstory of myself here in the Finnegans Wake persona, and having established that back on the old ESPN boards, but I was just thinking ahead to the day when I would want to move on from a job in the Steelers organization.  I can't say exactly what my future plans are, it's all sort of secretive right now, but I hope you've all enjoyed my posts.  The real irony is that I've spent so many of my posts criticizing myself.  For you see, I am Bruce Arians.

So, just when you thought my story couldn't get any stranger.  And admittedly, perhaps I shouldn't have spent so much time posting here, I should have been working on parts of the play-calling.  But Otis is just so fucking funny, I couldn't help myself.

Don't worry, the stuff about me being a dickbag, etc., is just water off a duck's ass as far as I'm concerned.  Goes with the territory.  Well, I'll let you know what my next desination is as soon as it's confirmed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:29 »

Folks, I have to come clean.  This is hard to do, since I assiduously laid the backstory of myself here in the Finnegans Wake persona, and having established that back on the old ESPN boards, but I was just thinking ahead to the day when I would want to move on from a job in the Steelers organization.  I can't say exactly what my future plans are, it's all sort of secretive right now, but I hope you've all enjoyed my posts.  The real irony is that I've spent so many of my posts criticizing myself.  For you see, I am Bruce Arians.

So, just when you thought my story couldn't get any stranger.  And admittedly, perhaps I shouldn't have spent so much time posting here, I should have been working on parts of the play-calling.  But Otis is just so fucking funny, I couldn't help myself.

Don't worry, the stuff about me being a dickbag, etc., is just water off a duck's ass as far as I'm concerned.  Goes with the territory.  Well, I'll let you know what my next desination is as soon as it's confirmed.

Cool. And I have a confession too. I'm Keyser Soze.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:46 »

Well, that explains the jacket.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 13:52 »

Folks, I have to come clean.  This is hard to do, since I assiduously laid the backstory of myself here in the Finnegans Wake persona, and having established that back on the old ESPN boards, but I was just thinking ahead to the day when I would want to move on from a job in the Steelers organization.  I can't say exactly what my future plans are, it's all sort of secretive right now, but I hope you've all enjoyed my posts.  The real irony is that I've spent so many of my posts criticizing myself.  For you see, I am Bruce Arians.

So, just when you thought my story couldn't get any stranger.  And admittedly, perhaps I shouldn't have spent so much time posting here, I should have been working on parts of the play-calling.  But Otis is just so fucking funny, I couldn't help myself.

Don't worry, the stuff about me being a dickbag, etc., is just water off a duck's ass as far as I'm concerned.  Goes with the territory.  Well, I'll let you know what my next desination is as soon as it's confirmed.

Well, that explains the jacket.

Yep, the jacket, and the fact that I'm an insufferable ass.

Really, I'm a little surprised no one guessed.  Go back and read my posts, and you'll see I left all sorts of clever clues. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 14:05 »

Yep, the jacket, and the fact that I'm an insufferable ass.

Really, I'm a little surprised no one guessed.  Go back and read my posts, and you'll see I left all sorts of clever clues. 

I was buying it...until you got to that part.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: