Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 21:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.11.10 Steelers Mock  (Read 2190 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:00 »

I'm going to keep beating the drum of "The Steelers can, for a relatively low contract amount, VASTLY improve the secondary - and return game - by simply acquiring Adam Pacman Jones." This way they could address other needs via the draft. I know you all don't like that idea, but Jones hasn't been in any trouble in years. He continues to be in great football shape. He's a playmaker and I believe his off-the-field issues will continue to not exist and therefore wouldn't be a distraction.

In the lockerroom and between the sidelines, Jeff Fisher has said he wishes he 53 Pacman Jones each year.

There, that's my January plug for Pacman...and the betterment of the Steelers.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:17 »

Dallas tried the pacman experiment, had him on the cheap and he generally couldn't stay on the field.  His skills simply weren't there.  He's not in the NFL for a reason.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 12:30 »

The chances we sign Pacman are about the same as the chances we sign Michael Vick, Tank Johnson, Ced Benson, or Gilbert Arenas.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 12:40 »

Dallas tried the pacman experiment, had him on the cheap and he generally couldn't stay on the field.  His skills simply weren't there.  He's not in the NFL for a reason.

It wasn't a talent issue whatsoever. He was injured that year in the game against Pittsburgh and then unnecessarily suspended by Goodell for four games for an argument he had with a bodyguard (who was later fired by Jerry Jones because he started a fight with Pacman rather than making sure he wasn't involved in any altercations). His stats aren't usually eye-opening, but that's because most QBs - even the great Peyton Manning - won't throw his way. When he does get a touch, he has a great propensity for taking it to the house (on K/PRs and INTs).

I'm not being biased at all - ask any player who has played with or against Pacman and many will tell you he's physically the most talented/gifted player they've ever seen.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 12:43 »

We should sign Mike Vick.  I think someday he'll be a terrific pocket passer.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 13:37 »

We should sign Mike Vick.  I think someday he'll be a terrific pocket passer.  

Maybe if he's dogmatic in his training approach, but I think there's a good chance he'll screw the pooch. He's kind of a mutt right now, half passer, half running back.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 13:52 »

We should sign Mike Vick.  I think someday he'll be a terrific pocket passer. 

Maybe if he's dogmatic in his training approach, but I think there's a good chance he'll screw the pooch. He's kind of a mutt right now, half passer, half running back.

Dawg, he's electric.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 19:53 »

I'm not being biased at all - ask any player who has played with or against Pacman and many will tell you he's physically the most talented/gifted player they've ever seen.

Er, I don't have many talented/gifted players on speed dial just now.  Can you forward me Roy E. Williams' number?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: