Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 22:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Divisional round playoffs  (Read 2204 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 06:41 »

Yup.  Disgusting.

Beyond disgusting.  Don't know that we could beat either the Vikes or Saints in the finale, as they both seem to have a pretty major karma thing going.

But the AFC?  If we get to the dance, I'm guessing we walk into the Super Bowl standing.  Worst AFC field in a long, long time.

And no, I wouldn't put it past the Jets to upset the Colts in the AFCC.  Not expecting it, and I don't want it to happen so that we can avoid all the "Dirty Sanchez is the first rookie to go to the Super Bowl" stuff.  But it could happen.

Best Case Scenario at this point:  Saints over Colts in the SB.

See, I'd rather avoid the "Peyton is the greates of all time" crap, so I'd rather see the Saints beat the Jets in the Super Bowl.

I'm a Jets fan this week for the sole reason of it would be great to see Indy lose their chance at the SB by the team they let get there in the first place. I actually have no bad feelings about the Colts except that I disagree with their philosophy to lay down at the end of the season. I say play your guys, get a big lead, then take them out to rest them. Giving the game away just doesn't sit well for me. How's it any different than tanking the season to get a better draft pick once you're out of playoff contention?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:05 »

Meant to reply on Friday that I liked the underdogs on Saturday and favorites on Sunday.

*sigh*

For this weekend, I love the Vikings (+4) and like the Colts (-7.5).

Also, I almost pulled the trigger last week on the Vikings at 8:1 to win the Super Bowl.  ATM, they're 5:1 and I'm thinkin' about tossing a few doll...uh, units on that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 16:12 »

See, I'd rather avoid the "Peyton is the greates of all time" crap, so I'd rather see the Saints beat the Jets in the Super Bowl.

I'm a Jets fan this week for the sole reason of it would be great to see Indy lose their chance at the SB by the team they let get there in the first place.

Yeah, it's only karma that the pussy Dolts lose to the crappy team that they laid down for, and let into the playoffs. Then, I want to see the Saints absolutely destroy the Jets.

Really, the Saints are the only remaining team that I could tolerate winning the Super Bowl.

1) If the Colts win, we have to listen to all the BS about Peyton for the next so many years, and the fawning over that very bland and boring, mechanically proficient team. 

2) If the Jets win, that fat bastard Ryan will never shut up.  He still carries the carrion stench of a ratbird on him. Plus, it's NY. God, how I hate NY sports teams.

3) If the Vikings win, no one will ever get a Favre-free moment. It'll be WORSE than it has been the last 2 or 3 years -- can you even imagine that? Plus, their coach is a tool -- he's a lame Favre syncophant. The Williams's shouldn't even have been available for a large portion of the season, what with their banned substance uses.

Therefore, I say only the Saints could be a tolerable victor. I defy anyone to dispute my logic.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 23:39 »

I'm a Jets fan this week for the sole reason of it would be great to see Indy lose their chance at the SB by the team they let get there in the first place.

Yeah, it's only karma that the pussy Dolts lose to the crappy team that they laid down for, and let into the playoffs. Then, I want to see the Saints absolutely destroy the Jets.

Really, the Saints are the only remaining team that I could tolerate winning the Super Bowl.

1) If the Colts win, we have to listen to all the BS about Peyton for the next so many years, and the fawning over that very bland and boring, mechanically proficient team. 

2) If the Jets win, that fat bastard Ryan will never shut up.  He still carries the carrion stench of a ratbird on him. Plus, it's NY. God, how I hate NY sports teams.

3) If the Vikings win, no one will ever get a Favre-free moment. It'll be WORSE than it has been the last 2 or 3 years -- can you even imagine that? Plus, their coach is a tool -- he's a lame Favre syncophant. The Williams's shouldn't even have been available for a large portion of the season, what with their banned substance uses.

Therefore, I say only the Saints could be a tolerable victor. I defy anyone to dispute my logic.

I would never want to.  Go Saints!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: