Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 16:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAL @ INDY  (Read 2114 times)
pumasgirl
N00b

« on: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:39 »

So, this is my first post although I've been a member for a couple of months now. I enjoy reading everyone's opinions about all things football and right now I need some reassurance! Please, please, please tell me that Indy will beat the snot out of the Ravens on Saturday. Unfortunately, I live in B-more and can't stand these ass clown "fans". I become nauseous just looking at the color purple which is a shame since, as a woman, I would like to wear such a lovely, feminine color!

I'm worried that the Colts haven't won in a month or even played in two weeks and that the Ravens will be hyped up on confidence after making Brady look like Kyle Boller.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:51 »

I think Indy is certainly bringing more offensively than NE and the game likely won't spiral out of control in the first quarter against them, but you never know.  The Ravens bring the kind of game that can beat Indy - pounding running game and a solid defense.  You never know.  I despise the Ratties more than the Colts, but Peyton really gets under my skin.  So, let him win this week and face the winner of NYJ @ SD.  Should make for an interesting AFCC.

Oh, welcome aboard!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:16 »

Ratties have lost Rolle, Fabs Washington, and Lard Webb at CB.  Chris Carr is going to start against Peyton Manning? 

I realize Manning has lost some weapons, but he still has Reginald Wayne and Dallas Clark; Waiterboy and Lassie are both > 675 yards.  I think there are too many playmakers on the Colts O for Balty to corral.  In the Pats scrum, they lost their most consistent playmaker in WW; Moss has been pouting/dogging it; Beardy allegedly has broken ribs, a finger issue, and a sore mangina; and who exactly are their RBs again?

This whole game comes down to how the Colts do in containing Ray Rice.  Colts had three turnovers in the 17-15 win, so that didn't help.  Ratties only managed 5 FGs.  If Peyton has a quiet, efficient game and Rice is at ~71 yards again, Colts win this.  No way is this a replay of the Dead Golden Boy and His Hobo Daddy's first quarter.

I say Colts 24, Ravens 17.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:22 »

So, this is my first post although I've been a member for a couple of months now. I enjoy reading everyone's opinions about all things football and right now I need some reassurance! Please, please, please tell me that Indy will beat the snot out of the Ravens on Saturday. Unfortunately, I live in B-more and can't stand these ass clown "fans". I become nauseous just looking at the color purple which is a shame since, as a woman, I would like to wear such a lovely, feminine color!

I'm worried that the Colts haven't won in a month or even played in two weeks and that the Ravens will be hyped up on confidence after making Brady look like Kyle Boller.

Looks like another girl...You're not going to ban her are you Finny?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:23 »

I see this game being close in the first half, the Colts striking quickly but the Ravoons controlling the ball and the clock for the first two quarters.  But they'll also be settling for 3 when the Colts are getting 7, so half-time, say, 17-10 Colts.  Second half Colts score first, forcing Flacco to throw some passes resulting in a couple of 3- and 6- and outs.  By the fourth quarter it's 27-13, Hairball is bitching at the refs while Ray Lewis FINALLY gets flagged for spearing a downed runner.

Final score, Colts 33 Baltimaroons 20.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:27 »

I'm not "pulling" for the Colts for all the reasons mentioned on this board.  I am, however, pulling AGAINST the Ravens.

Harbaugh is a tool and Ray Lewis is a has-been.  He got credit for thirteen tackles last week, and I'm betting 8 of them were 10 yards down the field or more; while the other five he jumped on the pile.  I heard the announcers give him credit for three tackles where he basically fell on the guy as the whistle blew.

Still, the Ravens' running game is everything I'd like to see the Steelers be once again, and I think they can pound the Colts and control the clock.  The Fish did this to Indy early in the season, and the Ravens' run game > Miami.  I'm afraid that it will be a repeat of 2005, when Manning and the Colts took almost three quarters to get their crap together.  Just as it did against us, it will cost them again this season.

Ravens - 23, Ponies - 20

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:35 »

Not unless she's a shemale spammer with an Israeli IP addy.  Don't worry, I'm on the case.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pumasgirl
N00b

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:25 »

Not unless she's a shemale spammer with an Israeli IP addy.  Don't worry, I'm on the case.

Well, I do wear a towel on my head to dry my hair after I wash it so I hope that doesn't count against me!

I just caught a segment on Sportscenter about this game and a replay of the week 11 matchup in Balty. It made me feel slightly better about the Colts' chances because Manning threw some pretty bad balls that even Willie Gay or Ike Taylor could pick! The Colts also had an impressive goal line stand against the Ratbirds. Indy's defense is definitely quick so hopefully that will help keep Rice and company corralled which is really the only part of Baltimore's game that scares me. Maybe with all of that crowd noise they pump into Lucas Oil Stadium Joe "Bert" Fuck-o won't be able to communicate with his precious movie star O-lineman so Freeney and company can get all up on his blindside.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 15:05 »

It made me feel slightly better about the Colts' chances because Manning threw some pretty bad balls that even Willie Gay or Ike Taylor could pick!

Let's not get carried away. Neither of them has shown that they could catch swine flu in Mexico or avian flu in Asia let alone a football.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 09:03 »

After all my prodding (wink - wink) my wife finally chimes in and this is a better place for it...  Seriously smart football female. 

I am worried myself given Peyton's lack of success following bye weeks in the playoffs (0-3) and that Baltimore does what you need to do to beat the Colts (run the ball to keep Peyton off the field and pressure him when he is on the field.)  Living here and enduring Purple Fridays makes this all the more unbearable but I think the Colts drop this and I have to count on the Jets or Chargers to make my life less miserable. 

PUMA
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: