Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 10:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wexell's Recovery Plan  (Read 435 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 15, 2010 at 10:47 »

Hope it hasn't been posted already.  Good stuff from Wex.  Fits right in w/ what we've been saying around here for some time.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 11:11 »

Wex is the only guy I like reading about the Steelers. Those pussies over at the Post-Gazette are so fucking politically correct, it makes me sick. I guess they don't want to be trying to get player and coach interviews after calling them out. Wex just expresses how 90% of Steeler fans feel deep down inside.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 12:12 »

Not a bad piece.

Still, he makes it sound like this team was 5-11 and not a bounce here and there from playing January football. 

IMO, necessary changes are minimal.  Tweak the O-line, bolster the defense and find a big legged kicker...check that, they've already got one of those.  Find a kicker that can boom it deep; accuracy is a bonus.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 13:16 »

Not a bad piece.

Still, he makes it sound like this team was 5-11 and not a bounce here and there from playing January football. 

IMO, necessary changes are minimal.  Tweak the O-line, bolster the defense and find a big legged kicker...check that, they've already got one of those.  Find a kicker that can boom it deep; accuracy is a bonus.

Yep, I agree with that. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 13:24 »

Not a bad piece.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the thing we're missing most is an ass kicker. I don't give a crap if it's a lineman or a linebacker, but we need someone with a bad attitude, who gets in our players' faces on the sideline and gives the opponents a little crap. All we have a nice, solid citizens. I want a bad boy who can back it up and give us a little spice. The only one I know of for sure in the draft is McClain (he rakes his own guys and the opponents the same way I remember Ray Ray doing when he was at The U). Of course, since he's gonna be gone, I don't know who we can get, but we need to get him, whoever he is.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: