Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 02:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Hire OL Coach  (Read 1200 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 13:10 »

Well, the upside would be the results he was able to achieve in Buffalo with a line that was completely ravaged by injury.  They still finished in the middle of the pack in rushing and that was with mostly back ups.  This was accomplished despite M. Lynch having a down year and Fred Jackson receiving the bulk of the load.  Also, they have no where near the passing threat the Steelers present on a weekly basis.  Hopefully he can help...can't be much worse.  Here is a bit of the article I read:

Injuries hit Buffalo hard. By Week 6, Kugler's lineup shared 47 NFL starts. At the end of the year, six offensive linemen were on injured reserve. Five of them started at least one game. Only center Geoff Hangartner started all 16 games at his position.  

Not much to work with there and still finishing in the middle of the pack.  Hopefully he will help!

The link for anyone who wants to read it.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9181/steelers-hire-bills-o-line-coach-kugler

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 13:15 »

Thanks!...I guess I should have provided the link...sorry! Sad

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 10:32 »

Here's another link:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/14/steelers-new-o-line-coach-comes-with-so-so-resume/

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:54 »

I'm not sure I understood the OL coach firing in the first place.  Given the personnel we had to work with, I thought the OL played surprisingly well this year.  I'm not saying I thought they were good. I'm saying I expected them to suck again, but by the end of the season I felt they played pretty OK. They were certainly NOT the weak link this year...

Apparently someone higher up didn't agree with me.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:54 »

Yeah, I kind of think Zierlein got the raw end of the deal...he was sacrificed to scare Arians into not sucking.

Not sure how that is going to work.

This new guy could be the second coming of Joe Bugle, but with that moron Arians calling plays, it won't
mean shit.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 10:28 »

This guys looks like a line coach...from what I read, it seems like he has his shit together and he works his ass off...hopefully this is a move in the right directon.  Here is the article:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_663470.html

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: