Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 11:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really, Post Gazette?  (Read 720 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 29, 2010 at 08:43 »

Uncapped year impacts status of Steelers' Colon

There are many ways they could have worded that, but they had to go for the impacted colon.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 09:37 »

He needs to change his last name to Cologne

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 10:17 »

Colon would make around $2.5 million this year if the Steelers tender him a contract. While that is good money, it cannot compare to what, for example, left tackle Max Starks received from the Steelers. They signed Starks to a four-year, $26.3 million contract in June. That averages to about $6.6 million per year.

Colon seems to be improving, but he's had a highlight reel of false starts and bad whiffs.  RT pay should scale lower than LT, and IMO if the new OL coach moves Colon inside, then I don't see him commanding big money at OG. 

Once they figure out a contract strategy, maybe the PG can headline something like Impacted Colon relieved that blockage is past.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 12:25 »

It must be tough growing up with a name like Colon after around 5th grade science class. 

On a side note, I always thought it was weird that Colin Powell opted for the "colon" pronounciation even though the spelling gave him the option out....

:huh:

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 15:46 »

It must be tough growing up with a name like Colon after around 5th grade science class. 

On a side note, I always thought it was weird that Colin Powell opted for the "colon" pronounciation even though the spelling gave him the option out....

:huh:

COL-in sounds too 87%.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2010 at 19:22 »

Please let this guy go. If we get any compensation for him...fine. The most overrated Steeler since I had to hear about Ike Taylor being the "anchor" of our championship team and his last deal. The guy cannot play inside and as much as we're paying Max Starks we can't pay Colon as much and "hope" he catches on to the position after he's shown nothing in 4 years at tackle. This ain't Hofstra.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2010 at 20:54 »

Ah i read that wrong. I guess we can keep him for $2.5 a year. My expectations however tapered.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: