Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 17:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Colts Needed  (Read 1440 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2010 at 21:18 »

Don't hate Manning per se, the way I hate, say, Brady, or any Patriot, or any Raven.

I just hate the hyperbole.  Great QB; not a great postseason record.  Simple as that.

Agreed.  No personal bias against him, seems like a class act all around.  Just hasn't delivered in enough critical situations.  Maybe best regular season QB ever.

The Who ... sucked sewage ass.

That was absolutely painful.  Never was a fan, but...wow.  Can the NFL possibly find an older band than that?  Early prediction - the Temptations.  Which would be a hell of a lot better than that fiasco.

...and every fucking commercial sucked sewage ass.

I did laugh on the KGB one with the Sumo wrestler.  Doritos ones were OK - dog collar and Dorito to neck best of lot.  Bud Light needs to fire entire ad department.  Tebow commercial not nearly worth the fuss.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 07:42 »

Tebow commercial not nearly worth the fuss.

Can't believe all the fuss over that.  And I find it even more unbelievable that a so-called Christian organization spent 2.8 million dollars on THAT.

Don't hate Manning per se, the way I hate, say, Brady, or any Patriot, or any Raven.

I just hate the hyperbole.  Great QB; not a great postseason record.  Simple as that.

Agreed.  No personal bias against him, seems like a class act all around.  Just hasn't delivered in enough critical situations.  Maybe best regular season QB ever.

Last season, some "commentators" (and I use that term very loosely in regard to Phil Simms) decried the fact that the Steelers had the "easiest" road to the SB title.  Really?  The Colts got there by beating the Ravens (5 seed, 2nd year Joe Flatulence) and the Jets (6 seed, Dirty Sanchez).  They flopped down like a cheap hooker the last two games.  They didn't dominate a good team all year long.  When they finally faced some competition, they folded.  Their defense clearly was not equipped/prepared to deal with a good QB.

This is the most annoying thing about the sports media.  Last week, Manning was the greatest of all time.  This week, he's the ultimate choke artist.  They overreacted before the game and are doing the same after.

Which is WHY you should listen to the informed commentary on the Lettermen's Lounge!  www.lettermenslounge. com

I'm such a sellout!   :rolleyes:

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 11:22 »

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/02/09/colts-fans-all-11-of-them-welcome-team-at-airport/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 11:31 »

"Unfortunately, the team plane landed at a private terminal, the players and coaches quietly piled onto awaiting buses, and rolled off without getting within a few hundred feet of the 11 people in the greater-Indy area who thought it would be great fun to wait in the cold for the Super Bowl losers."

BAM!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 12:05 »

They were gonna send 12 fans, but didn't want to risk getting flagged for too many.

Imagine a Seahawks/Colts Superbowl.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2010 at 07:05 »

Read some of the comments, and one guy mimicked my thoughts:

I really thought this was going to be an Onion article, but it turned out to be true..they really only had 11 fans turn out?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: