Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 13:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Olympics.  (Read 4632 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 17:45 »

Tonight, we are all Slovaks.

Except Otis.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2010 at 07:15 »

That felt like a Bill Cowher win.  :rolleyes:

Every game I think will be tight, turns into a blowout. Every game I think will be one-sided, ends up close.

So I guess that means the final score will be 7-2 tomorrow afternoon.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #42 on: Feb 27, 2010 at 13:22 »

Canadiens almost gagjobbed that one away, should have gone to OT. I felt so dirty rooting for a Hossa led team over a Sid lead team. Kind of like rooting for the Ravens over the Patriots or something.

Predictions for Sunday? I love USA's team makeup but I don't think they have the horses on defense to hang with those Canadien lines. Obviously Miller is the X factor, and if he stops 42 of 45 again who knows. I like Canada in this one though somewhere around 5-3 or 6-3.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Feb 27, 2010 at 17:06 »

Predictions for Sunday? I love USA's team makeup but I don't think they have the horses on defense to hang with those Canadien lines. Obviously Miller is the X factor, and if he stops 42 of 45 again who knows. I like Canada in this one though somewhere around 5-3 or 6-3.

Has Miller had a bad game yet? I'm not sold on Luongo (greasy Bob as one guy calls him a vintage goal mask board I lurk on). He looked pretty shitty at the end of last night's game. Too bad their 3rd netminder doesn't have any big game experience  :rolleyes:

A good game with the Canucks coming out on top, would work for me. A Pronger hat trick would be glorious, just to see how Penso reacts.

I bet things get a little chippy on the Sabbath.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 10:32 »

Has Miller had a bad game yet? I'm not sold on Luongo (greasy Bob as one guy calls him a vintage goal mask board I lurk on). He looked pretty shitty at the end of last night's game. Too bad their 3rd netminder doesn't have any big game experience  :rolleyes:

I said to a buddy before the Olympics that I absolutely did not want to see Fleury play in the Olympics.  If he hit the ice, that meant the Canookies were struggling in net, and Fleury isn't the type of goalie who can come in and provide an instant, shut-down presence.  He needs to see alot of action, and more rubber than Richards cruising Fairmount Park on a Saturday night.

A good game with the Canucks coming out on top, would work for me. A Pronger hat trick would be glorious, just to see how Penso reacts.

The Pronger hat trick?  An own-goal, a giveaway in front of his net, a 10 minute misconduct.  I'd love it!

Seriously though, I think Canada wins in a relatively easy fashion, like Merman said.

Last night's Finland-Slovak match might have been the best of the tournament.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 11:45 »

I watched the first period then went to bed. The box score tells me that was not the time to shut it down.

After curling gold for the men, I'm thinking this will be a letdown game.   Grin
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 13:35 »

I watched the first period then went to bed. The box score tells me that was not the time to shut it down.

After curling gold for the men, I'm thinking this will be a letdown game.   Grin

Well, I suppose that deprives us of another scene of thick-hipped women celebrating with beer and stogies.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 13:39 »

Back up the truck. Place the emergency call to the Canuck authorities. Have all their finest park rangers and mounties alerted to round up the folks jumping over the Niagra falls. I can't wait until the US does them again at their sport twice in the same olympiad and on their own ice. Finally Kane and Stastny hotted up and the rest of the team is rollin'. That'll cause consternation and many to choke up their moose burgers and omnipotent lagers all over your jean-jacket Sunday best. I look for the slow-goony Canadian defencemen like Pronger and Seabrook to take penalties and general four-star bums like Brendan Morrow and Getzlaf and Richards to be detrimental in trying to keep up with the American Flyin Ryans.

U S A 4 - Canadia 1. Truly an abject national disaster and something to cry aboot. Of course they won't know whether to cry or wind up their Don Cherry jackass-in-a-box. Do you believe in mullets!???! Yes, Canada still does!

A-gain. A-gain. A-gain.
-Herbie

I am a reeeal American. Da da dada dada da da.
-The Hulkster

Ask not what your country can do for you.....Ask your sister in law to meet you in the hot tub later.
-Marty B

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 14:08 »

Of course they won't know whether to cry or wind up their Don Cherry jackass-in-a-box. Do you believe in mullets!???! Yes, Canada still does!

Who the eff is Lalongo, Cherry?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Feb 28, 2010 at 14:55 »

Good first period.  Liked the US energy early, Orpik was a machine, thought they had Canadia stepping away from checks.  The goal took that right away.

I really think the key to the US scoring is keeping the puck low and tight to the cage.  Seems like Luongo has trouble with stuff at his feet.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: