Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 15, 2014 at 04:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trade Deadline Thread  (Read 1854 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 20:41 »

Grove just said on the radio it was Caputi for Ponikarovsky.  A complete steal IMO.

If that is true Ray Shero has once again bent over the trade deadline.

Geno finally has his winger.

Must be Caputi and picks.  Has to be.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 20:52 »

It's on the p-g website now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 21:06 »

It was just mentioned on FSN, Caputi and Skoula. Fucking awesome. Still pending the call but it's all over twitter and such.

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/9905186949
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2010 at 21:12 by Merman1983 » Logged
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 22:11 »

Wow, can't believe Shero was able to dump Skoula off on the Maple Laughs.  A little disappointed in losing Caputi.  I thought he had a chance to be the mythical top line winger we've been waiting so long for the farm system to produce.

Help us Tangradi, you're our only hope.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 06:41 »

Wow, can't believe Shero was able to dump Skoula off on the Maple Laughs.  A little disappointed in losing Caputi.  I thought he had a chance to be the mythical top line winger we've been waiting so long for the farm system to produce.

Help us Tangradi, you're our only hope.

I never like losing prospects but IMO Caputi has faded quite a bit in the last couple years. He doesn't seem to have the size to be the power forward we really need. Also, during his callups he was a god-awful skater and didn't really show much else despite having a couple goals. Time will tell though, especially because he will get tons of ice time for the rest of the year on Toronto's big club.

Our minor league system is barren outside of Tangradi and a few others, but if it gets them another cup it's worth it. Now we must all hope that Philly or Washington don't get Vokoun. He is rumored to be moved, but I honestly can't see how either fits him under the cap.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 10:24 »

Caputi is the leading scorer for the Baby Pens.  Not saying that automatically translates to the NHL, but it's hard to prove yourself in four games.  I have no problem with the trade especially if we resign Poni after winning another cup.  At some point I was hoping we could eventually draft and bring up a top line wing or two through the system to play alongside Sid/Geno for an entire season.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 11:15 »

Now we must all hope that Philly or Washington don't get Vokoun. He is rumored to be moved, but I honestly can't see how either fits him under the cap.

Not sure how the NHL cap works, but don't they get write off the remainder of Emery's salary?  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 11:30 »

Skoula sent on to the Devils, fwiw.  Oh no!  What if he scores a series winning goal against us!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 18:47 »

Wow, record number of deals done this deadline, I'm sure everyone has read TSN by now and seen them all.

Capitals obviously improve by getting Joe Corvo. They also got Jurcina again, perhaps the want to watch Geno turn him inside out in the playoffs again this year. Also picked up Scott Walker (whatever) and Eric Belanger. Besides getting Corvo, a whole bunch of meh in my opinion. Their goaltending is still not good enough to win a cup.

Philly did nothing, although I read some rumors about a possible Jeff Carter for Vokoun trade. That would have been fucking crazy.

All obvious homerism aside, I think the Pens were the clear winners of the deadline. Things are going to get very interestig once Geno starts dropping those pucks off for some Poni wristers.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 13:33 »

Corvo has seen better days, he's having a very sub par season. I don't know why the Caps went after a puck moving defensemen when they already have two...I figured they'd go after Leopold or someone like him. Scotty Walker is a big pick up for them IMO. Role playing grinders are great assets come playoff time. They are the players that can really make a difference. However, we have guys like that already. Adams, Mad Max, TK Money, Cooke ect. Walker didn't have an impact against us in the ECF last season, so I don't really see him all of a sudden becoming a problem for us this post season. I think the Caps have what it takes to beat any team in the East in a playoff series except us and New Jersey. So we'll see what happens. Once again, Shero made a couple of great moves, and I really like our chances for another Cup this season. 

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: