Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 05:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trade Deadline Thread  (Read 1775 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 14:12 »

I figured they'd go after Leopold or someone like him.

Yes!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 18:31 »

Corvo has seen better days, he's having a very sub par season. I don't know why the Caps went after a puck moving defensemen when they already have two...I figured they'd go after Leopold or someone like him. Scotty Walker is a big pick up for them IMO. Role playing grinders are great assets come playoff time. They are the players that can really make a difference. However, we have guys like that already. Adams, Mad Max, TK Money, Cooke ect. Walker didn't have an impact against us in the ECF last season, so I don't really see him all of a sudden becoming a problem for us this post season. I think the Caps have what it takes to beat any team in the East in a playoff series except us and New Jersey. So we'll see what happens. Once again, Shero made a couple of great moves, and I really like our chances for another Cup this season.

If it comes down to goaltending (and it often does in the playoffs) I like the Pens chances with MAF.  I can't believe Philly didn't get a netminder at the deadline.  That's where the Caps weakness lies as well.  I still wish we would have picked up Andy Sutton for the same price as Leopold.  The difference between the Caps this year and last is Mike Knuble and he's just going to set up shop in front of MAF with nobody but Orpik capable of doing anything about it.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 19:31 »

I still wish we would have picked up Andy Sutton for the same price as Leopold.  

I'm pretty sure picking up Sutton's salary would have prevented Shero from getting Poni. They still had to move Skoula's prorated 4 dollars to make room under the cap while still leaving wiggle space for AHL type moves. Given that circumstances I think that you have to take the Leopold-Poni combo. Also it allowed them to keep Mckee as a 7th defenseman (instead of being forced to move his salary) which could prove huge come playoff time.

Agree with your point about Knuble though.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2010 at 19:33 by Merman1983 » Logged
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #23 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 21:21 »

I figured they'd go after Leopold or someone like him.

Yes!

haha I had to someone work that into my first post in fucking ages. Glad you still remember!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: