Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Haden just ran a 4.57 at the combine, that should drop him to us  (Read 792 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Mar 02, 2010 at 08:35 »

That means we would have our pick of the corners in the draft. He's the best cover corner in this draft. If he's there, I'd jump on him. ANd, by the way, Ghee ran a 4.37, so that moves him up to the late-mid first, so anyone who thought we might get him in the second can forget about it.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 09:13 »

So you believe the 40 time to be simply a bad performance?  Otherwise, won't a 4.57 corner get moved to safety?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 09:36 »

So you believe the 40 time to be simply a bad performance?  Otherwise, won't a 4.57 corner get moved to safety?

It's hard for me to jusdge CB's because they're usually not in the camera during games unless they're getting beat, so I'm really talking out my ass when I talk about how good he was during the year, and going by what the experts say. I can just go by his stats, and he wasn't beat much. He looks really quick in his backpeddal and turn, but Ghee looks just as quick and he is definitely faster. I'm wondering how much of Haden not getting beat had to do with Florida's defensive line getting to the QB quicker, while Ghee had an average line in front of him. Because. if I went by just what I see, I'd say Ghee's looks like the best corner out there. And, by the way, Berry is the real deal. He looks powerful, smooth, quick in his turn, and he ran a 4.4.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 11:34 »

Sounds like Haden had bad 40 form, a bad start out of his breaks.  Don't think that will translate to the field.  He has more upside to his game than any corner in this draft.

I said months ago Ghee was a borderline R1 prospect, but I didn't expect him to be that fast.

If Haden falls to 1.18, BAM!
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2010 at 11:37 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 16:27 »

It would be nice to get one of the top corners in the draft.  Unless it's a 1.18 curse - was it Dewayne Washington I saw in that post?  Yikes!

I can see a bad start out of the "gate" adding a few tenths to the time.  And pure raw speed probably isn't as important as technique and the ability to transition fluidly.  Maybe the Steelers get lucky.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 18:07 »

It would be nice to get one of the top corners in the draft.  Unless it's a 1.18 curse - was it Dewayne Washington I saw in that post?  Yikes!

I can see a bad start out of the "gate" adding a few tenths to the time.  And pure raw speed probably isn't as important as technique and the ability to transition fluidly.  Maybe the Steelers get lucky.

Yeah, his running style was crap. Dfinitely needs to work on it, and I have no doubt he could cut time off his 40 if he ran properly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: