Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 10:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Ben in trouble again....  (Read 7130 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 20:30 »

Whatever happened or didn't happen, it is disappointing to have a distraction like this in the off-season...especially with a labor strike possible next year. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 05:42 »

Well, at least Ben is now used to playing with a cloud over his head. So, he's got that going for him.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 06:03 »

Hey LC, I do have a legal question for you.

Do you know what type of activity would constitute the "Sex Assault -- Other Offense" that Ben was accused of?

I'm guessing that means he's not charged with out-an-out rape (or as Whoopie would say "rape-rape").  Does this mean that something slightly less disturbing would have happened?  Is it possible he did something else, like come in and peep over the stall, or maybe exposed himself? Or are the charges as bad as they sound?

Ok, that sounds pretty bad too, but I'm reaching here.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 08:26 »

Do you know what type of activity would constitute the "Sex Assault -- Other Offense" that Ben was accused of?

I'm guessing that means he's not charged with out-an-out rape (or as Whoopie would say "rape-rape").  Does this mean that something slightly less disturbing would have happened?  Is it possible he did something else, like come in and peep over the stall, or maybe exposed himself? Or are the charges as bad as they sound?

I'd have to look at the Georgia statutes to be sure, but it could be that he's accused of touching her va-jayjay or something similar.

I've got to head out right now, but I'll try to look at some of that stuff later today.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #34 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 11:06 »

This is just great!  So, now what does this do to our draft and FA signings?  I think we need to bring in a Vet QB just in case.  If it is true we will need to draft a QB early.  Who can we get?

SING TINY TIMBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Darn straight.  He'd never stick his wang in a skank.  He's a virginian, ya know.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #35 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 11:07 »

From the P-G:

Among his stops were Amici Italian Cafe, The Brick and The Velvet Elvis,

The velvet elvis?  Sounds like one of them things only Otis knows what it means.

The trouble must have hit before they made it by the Dogs Playing Poker.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 11:26 »

So I was reading the article on the Post Gazette page and the wife walked in. Here's the transcript:

Wife's hands go on hips. 'Reading about that creep?'

Cough. 'Uh, baby, the investigation is still going on. We don't know if he-'

Rolls the eyes. 'Oh, for the love of...AGAIN? Are you saying ANOTHER girl is making stuff up about him? Give me a break. Yeah, I'm sure girls all over the planet have a devious plan to set up your favorite player.'

'But, baby...'

'Oh stop defending him. And I'm not buying you any Steeler stuff for your birthday this year. Not as long as that PERVERT is on the team. And you can forget getting any tickets this year. We can't afford in this economy anyway.' Walks out and closes the door behind her.

Fred flips the bird at the closed door.

Thanks Ben. No, really, thanks, because this is just what I needed. I had her convinced that my life depends on getting those tickets to couple games we go to each year. Now I get to watch them all of TV, and I'm sure she'll make watching a game with Ben at QB oh so pleasant. Sigh.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #37 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 16:37 »

that is my favorite post ever.  well done.

clap

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 21:46 »

So I was reading the article on the Post Gazette page and the wife walked in. Here's the transcript:

Wife's hands go on hips. 'Reading about that creep?'

Cough. 'Uh, baby, the investigation is still going on. We don't know if he-'

Rolls the eyes. 'Oh, for the love of...AGAIN? Are you saying ANOTHER girl is making stuff up about him? Give me a break. Yeah, I'm sure girls all over the planet have a devious plan to set up your favorite player.'

'But, baby...'

'Oh stop defending him. And I'm not buying you any Steeler stuff for your birthday this year. Not as long as that PERVERT is on the team. And you can forget getting any tickets this year. We can't afford in this economy anyway.' Walks out and closes the door behind her.

Fred flips the bird at the closed door.

Thanks Ben. No, really, thanks, because this is just what I needed. I had her convinced that my life depends on getting those tickets to couple games we go to each year. Now I get to watch them all of TV, and I'm sure she'll make watching a game with Ben at QB oh so pleasant. Sigh.

Case in point why I don't date chicks.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Mar 07, 2010 at 21:54 »

OK, research done.
Basically, Ben could've made intentional contact with the primary genital area, anus, groin, inner thighs, or buttocks of a male or female and the breasts of a female without his/her consent & been accused of this crime. (According to GA code).
Which, not to make light of the allegations, but happens to me just about any time I do into a bar...

I have not seen a copy of the complaint, so if anyone has a link, I'd love to see it.  Of course, I just rememberd about the Smoking Gun website, so I'll go check that out....

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: