Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 22:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Ben in trouble again....  (Read 6213 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 14:18 »

Hey LC, I do have a legal question for you.

Do you know what type of activity would constitute the "Sex Assault -- Other Offense" that Ben was accused of?

I'm guessing that means he's not charged with out-an-out rape (or as Whoopie would say "rape-rape").  Does this mean that something slightly less disturbing would have happened?  Is it possible he did something else, like come in and peep over the stall, or maybe exposed himself? Or are the charges as bad as they sound?

Ok, that sounds pretty bad too, but I'm reaching here.

OK, research done.
Basically, Ben could've made intentional contact with the primary genital area, anus, groin, inner thighs, or buttocks of a male or female and the breasts of a female without his/her consent & been accused of this crime. (According to GA code).
Which, not to make light of the allegations, but happens to me just about any time I do into a bar...

I have not seen a copy of the complaint, so if anyone has a link, I'd love to see it.  Of course, I just rememberd about the Smoking Gun website, so I'll go check that out....

Thanks for the legal clarification. Couldn't find a link to the complaint. It was on the PG a coupla days ago, but they've taken down the PDF. It's very bare bones and really tells us nothing other than the charge and his ht/wt.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 20:55 »

Like Chris Rock says...." 'well if you hire a high profile attorney, you're going to look guilty.' Yeah, but you're going home. You want to look innocent in jail? I'd rather look guilty at the mall."

Bingo.

Damn Skippy.
If I had Ben's money, & the allegations, I'd hire some voodoo priestess to bring Johnnie Cochran back from the dead to defend my ass!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 21:00 »

Having said that, until anything is proven otherwise, I think the only thing he's guilty of is being 28 and hanging out with immature college girls.
Precisely my point.

Hmmm... maybe I should make up a case for paternity and claim that my son is named after his "real" father.

Thought about that myself, but unfortunately, the DNA thing just wouldn't play out...
 B)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #53 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 09:03 »

http://www.wpxi.com/news/22783625/detail.html

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #54 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 09:26 »

Ben needs to hire Rankin Fitch...

Runaway Jury Trailer

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #55 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 09:32 »

What a great headline.  Yeah, it's last year but

Harrah's Worker: I Was Fired Over Big Ben's Beef

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 10:57 »

Quote from: P-G
Also Tuesday, KDKA-TV reported that Mr. Roethlisberger was accompanied by two police officers -- a Coraopolis police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper stationed at the Washington barracks -- early Friday morning. The Pennsylvania State Police confirmed Tuesday that a trooper had been working for Mr. Roethlisberger as a personal assistant, but said that police in Milledgeville had not contacted them to interview the trooper, KDKA reported.

So the Post-Gazette reports, via KDKA, that Ben had two off-duty cops as his bodyguards on the bar crawl?

Am I reading that correctly?

Does anyone think Ben is that stupid to sexually assault a girl when he has cops in the retinue? 

I have to think their testimony will be very helpful to Mr. Roethlisberger.  JMO.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:11 »

Good movie Brinker!!

In response to Finny:  Or, because he has two cops at his side, he thinks he can get away with more than usual.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:17 »

Quote from: P-G
Also Tuesday, KDKA-TV reported that Mr. Roethlisberger was accompanied by two police officers -- a Coraopolis police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper stationed at the Washington barracks -- early Friday morning. The Pennsylvania State Police confirmed Tuesday that a trooper had been working for Mr. Roethlisberger as a personal assistant, but said that police in Milledgeville had not contacted them to interview the trooper, KDKA reported.

So the Post-Gazette reports, via KDKA, that Ben had two off-duty cops as his bodyguards on the bar crawl?

Am I reading that correctly?

Does anyone think Ben is that stupid to sexually assault a girl when he has cops in the retinue? 

I have to think their testimony will be very helpful to Mr. Roethlisberger.  JMO.

Unles their testimony is, "He and the girl went into the back room of the VIP area, and we herd some moans and stuff, but nothing we can conclusively say sounded like a struggle until she ran out of there with her blouse torn and her panties down around one ankle, bleeding from the mouth and clutching at her groin and breast areas. Other than that, we saw nothing out of the ordinary."

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:24 »

Dunno, I heard them coraopolis cops are crooked as a Randle el punt return.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: