Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 12:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Ben in trouble again....  (Read 6326 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 19:52 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970050

If you watch the video with the link, this girl described the the suspect to the police as "a man, about 6-5 and 241 pounds." How the hell can you be that precise with measurements unless you are surfing steelers.com before you go out?

Sounds like a load to me but Ben is still a fucking numbnuts for putting himself in this position yet again.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 20:38 »

Sounds like a load to me but Ben is still a fucking numbnuts for putting himself in this position yet again.

OK, I'm just wondering...by "putting himself in this position", what do you mean exactly?
Going to a bar?

I'm still the one with the boobs.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 21:08 »

OK, I'm just wondering...by "putting himself in this position", what do you mean exactly?
Going to a bar?

That's what I was thinking. He's not allowed to go out because some dumb cunt in Nevada wasn't hugged enough growing up? The article I read said that he was with a group of friends. He wasn't out by himself loitering in the women's bathroom. This reeks of bullshit to me. The owner said nothing went down and that Ben and his friends were polite and respectful. He goes from signing autographs at a bar to assaulting women in the bathroom? I dunno, not buying it.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 22:09 »

I am not buying it either.  However where there is smoke there's...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2010 at 22:22 »

Going to a bar?

Yes.

If you're having recurring issues like this, drink at home.  Not saying it's "fair" but he would do well to lay low more often than he does.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 04:34 »

Not a problem to go out to a bar/club/whatever, but if some bar skank invites you into the bathroom for a quickie, you might consider turning her down. 

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 05:25 »

Whatever happened, whatever will come from this....it is disappointing to (again) be presented with an off-season distraction that revolves around Ben.

For all the highs he's either given or been a part of (two SBs, his part of the 15-1 season and last year's statistical performance), we fans have dealt with an off-season motorcycle accident and two sexual assault allegations.

Outside of football, Ben's judgment is that of a 20-somethin' young adult. Spontaneous and w/o much thought of or to the environment and possible consequences that follow.

If I were falsely accused of sexual assault (and had a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending), it would take a lengthy period of time before I would put myself in a situation (late night, bars, clubs) again.

It isn't fair to put those restrictions on a young 20 somethin' guy like Ben.   As an early 20 somethin', I did the bar scene during the week and weekend and did the weekend bar scene until my late 20's.  

It also isn't fair that I don't make millions of dollars each year and truly, as it isn't fair that Ben makes the kind of money he does yet he hasn't cured cancer or in any other aspect, saved the world.

If the money (and Ben's ability to make it and/or keep it) can't persuade Ben that he IS different than the other 20 year olds and must keep himself out of precarious situations, then he does lack good judgment.

Then again, he could simply have issues with sexual assaulting women.  Which make him a serious douche.
I wish we were just focusing on the draft, but again, it's an issue regarding Ben that now takes the spotlight.

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2010 at 05:32 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 06:38 »

but if some bar skank invites you into the bathroom for a quickie, you might consider turning her down. 

That's alleged, and highly suspect.
Could be he DID turn her down and this is her payback.

Sorry, I guess I'm just not ready to hang him by his balls.

Then again, he could be a huge douche and if so, thank god he "put himself in this position" prior to the draft.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 06:47 »

but if some bar skank invites you into the bathroom for a quickie, you might consider turning her down. 

That's alleged, and highly suspect.
Could be he DID turn her down and this is her payback.

Sorry, I guess I'm just not ready to hang him by his balls.

Then again, he could be a huge douche and if so, thank god he "put himself in this position" prior to the draft.

I guess that "putting himself in that position" is a shot at me. Look, I think he's innocent on both charges, but after this shit most non-steeler fans are going to think he's a rapist.

If you don't think Ben has put himself in at least a few precarious positions you need to take off you black and gold colored glasses. And if this shit is going to happen every offseason, yes he needs to stay out of bars. He signed a monster contract to play football and represent both the Rooney's and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Guilty or innocent, he's embarassed them both twice.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 07:40 »

The thing that most concerns me is the fact that the alleged victim reported this immediately. Apparently, Ben, Colon et al. were questioned at about 2am or so -- just after the alleged incident.

Assuming that "something" happened -- even if not an assault -- then it's likely that some sort of physical evidence would count against Ben. The girl had a physical within a few hours of the incident. If it shows any type of sexual contact took place, I think Ben is in very real trouble. 

Like years in jail kind of trouble.

Again, even assuming that Ben was pulled by his nutsack into that bathroom, the girl drunkenly attacked him and forced herself onto his erect penis, Ben is still, ahem, screwed. He's now in a situation where he almost needs to prove his innocence.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: