Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 19:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Ben in trouble again....  (Read 6886 times)
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 08:26 »

It's standard procedure to do a "rape kit" at the hospital after such an accusation. As for being dragged into the women's room,  doubt it because he's much bigger than her, and can get away if he has to.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 09:20 »

Outside of football, Ben's judgment is that of a 20-somethin' young adult. Spontaneous and w/o much thought of or to the environment and possible consequences that follow.

This is my issue with the situation.  At this point, Ben is still acting like an early 20-something off the field.  I had hoped that, by now, he'd be acting like a more mature late-20 something.  And even if he did do the nasty in the bathroom with consent, it's still a sign of immaturity and poor judgment.

I seriously question this for a couple of reasons.  One of the accusations was "sexual manipulation."  LC, maybe you can enlighten us from a legal perspective, but exactly what the hell is that?  I've never heard of such.  I pretty much thought "sexual manipulation" is what happens any time guys and girls are looking for a hookup in a bar.  Which means it happens about 187,000 times a night in bars all over the Atlanta area.

LC, I understand your point and will reserve any thoughts about Ben's guilt until we hear more evidence.  However, if the price of fame and fortune and being a great NFL qb means staying out of bars, then so be it.  He has the right to do whatever he wants, but must also deal with the consequences.  I just wish he would take very active steps to make sure this stuff doesn't happen.  If you're going to a bar, make sure you have trusted people around you who are basically with you every moment.  That way, there is no room for an accusation of any kind.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 11:20 »

From the P-G:

Among his stops were Amici Italian Cafe, The Brick and The Velvet Elvis,

The velvet elvis?  Sounds like one of them things only Otis knows what it means.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 12:56 »

This is just great!  So, now what does this do to our draft and FA signings?  I think we need to bring in a Vet QB just in case.  If it is true we will need to draft a QB early.  Who can we get?

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 14:14 »

This is just great!  So, now what does this do to our draft and FA signings?  I think we need to bring in a Vet QB just in case.  If it is true we will need to draft a QB early.  Who can we get?

SING TINY TIMBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 15:21 »

I am reserving judgment, but Ben has got to stop partying like a champion, and just BE a champion.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Burton

« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 16:30 »

I agree with the idea of him just drinking and partying at his house.  He could install security cameras everywhere and have all the sex he wants with willing hoes with video evidence of their consensual hoeing.  It's a win/win situation for him.  Sex without the yearly arrest.

Plus he's rich, he could build whatever the hell kinda entertainment he wants at his house so he could keep it from getting boring.  Besides, it's not like being famous and at a bar would probably be that fun anyway.  All the autograph requests, haters, skeezy hoes looking to cash in/throw the baby daddy chains on you, etc.  I can't imagine how you'd actually have any fun in that kind of environment.

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 16:36 »

Wow, yet another reason the Steelers should interview Fred Smoot.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 17:09 »

he should start carrying a waiver of consent for these ladies.  Just sign here and you can party with Big Ben.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Mar 06, 2010 at 18:47 »

I guess that "putting himself in that position" is a shot at me. Look, I think he's innocent on both charges, but after this shit most non-steeler fans are going to think he's a rapist.

Oh, honey, did you think I was taking a shot at you??  My most sincere apologies.  I was not taking a shot at you, cause if I was, you wouldn't have to guess.
I was using the phrase you used in quotes because I still don't know what it means.  You initially made it, I asked what you meant by it.  I still don't have an answer.

And I'm not wearing black and gold colored glasses.  I'm wearing criminal defense attorney glasses.
What do we know?
We know he was out clubbing with friends.
We know he was surrounded by fans, signing autographs, etc.
We know some of these people were women.
We know he was at the Capitol City club.
We know the victim/accuser was also there.
We know she filed an assault charge.
We know she was examined/given a rape kit at the hospital.
We know Ben is being investigated and is cooperating.

That's it, unless something has happened today while I was working.
As an attorney who has worked primarily in criminal defense, I tend to still believe innocent until proven guilty, especially when I have a lack of evidence.
We don't know if he touched this woman.
We don't know if he was alone with her.
We don't know if she was actually assaulted, sexually or otherwise.

If he was alone with her, he's stupid.
If he touched her, other than to shake her hand, he's stupid.
If he went into a bathroom with her, he's stupid.
If he had sex with her in the bar, he's ultra stupid and should become a Bengal immediately.

And yes, Preach, if I were his attorney, confidante, friend, family member, anyone close to him, then I'd advise him to stay his ass at home forever, or until he dies, whichever comes first.
And yes, Brinker, I'm in full agreement that he needs consent forms and a personal bouncer with video camera to fully record any future interactions with anyone who is female in the future.

But I am NOT looking at this through black and gold glasses and I am NOT taking a shot at Merman.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: