Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 08:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben picking up Ray-Ray's leftovers  (Read 1307 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Mar 08, 2010 at 17:19 »

Okay, poor choice of title considering the circumstances.  Just referring to the hiring of Ray's lawyer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976276

I would ask LC to weigh in on this.  It seems to me that the hiring of a high-profile defense lawyer is a bad sign.  Would this indicate that Ben thinks this COULD turn into a criminal charge; or is this just standard procedure when police are involved?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 17:49 »

Well, I've been flaming Ben for either getting himself into a crazy situation if he's innocent or being a rapist, but if I was looking at 2-5 years (Assuming it's a low level sexual assault charge, not a higher one), then I'd get myself the best lawyer I could find. I hate lawyers....unless I'm the one who needs one.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 21:06 »

Personally, I think BV's post says it best:
Like Chris Rock says...." 'well if you hire a high profile attorney, you're going to look guilty.' Yeah, but you're going home. You want to look innocent in jail? I'd rather look guilty at the mall."

If you have the money and you're looking at any type of felony charge, you hire the best damned attorney you can afford, especially if he has a proven track record.
As I said on another thread, if I had Ben's money, I'd go to New Orleans, hire a voodoo priestess and bring Johnnie Cochran back from the dead.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 21:26 »

Well, I've been flaming Ben for either getting himself into a crazy situation if he's innocent or being a rapist, but if I was looking at 2-5 years (Assuming it's a low level sexual assault charge, not a higher one), then I'd get myself the best lawyer I could find. I hate lawyers....unless I'm the one who needs one.

Oh, and from looking at the GA code, it would be not less than one and not more than 5 years, if convicted.

Another thing - they let him leave the state.  That doesn't often happen, if they have fairly credible evidence of a felony.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but....

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 21:28 »

If you have the money...

You keep one chick on the payroll who is responsible for filming every carnal act.
And just order up your quim, Charlie Sheen style.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 06:55 »

FWIW Lester Munson was on M&M and said he does not think it will be a "he said-she said" type of case, that it will have a definitive direction, and that direction will be known pretty quickly based upon forensic evidence, possibly by this Friday.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 08:16 »

I saw that this morning too.  Sounds like the league could get involved, regardless of how minor any charge is, and DEM CHEEPEAZZ RONEYS are pissed.

Big picture, Garland (Ben's lawyer) says Ben is innocent and no sex asault ocurred.  Case closed.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 08:34 »

I know there's a lot of smoke here, but I still want to know: where's the fire?  If Ben was just partying and there was NO actual assault, WTF is the league going to do? 

I can understand the Rooneys wanting Ben to minimize his exposure in potentially damaging situations, i.e., "trawling for sluts."  But the fact is, he's 28 years old, he's not married, if the accusations are bogus then he hasn't broken any laws...  We're asking players to make lifestyle choices... to the point that we can tell them not to go to nightclubs? 

BTW, Colin Cowherd is an ass-flap, and Mike Wilbon has been the most sensible commentator out there.  Basically: we don't know enough yet to burn BBR at the stake.  Maybe he is playing a bit reckless, but don't most NFLers do what Ben is doing in the off-season? 

All contingent on the charges being false, of course.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 10:03 »

I know there's a lot of smoke here, but I still want to know: where's the fire?  If Ben was just partying and there was NO actual assault, WTF is the league going to do? 

I can understand the Rooneys wanting Ben to minimize his exposure in potentially damaging situations, i.e., "trawling for sluts."  But the fact is, he's 28 years old, he's not married, if the accusations are bogus then he hasn't broken any laws...  We're asking players to make lifestyle choices... to the point that we can tell them not to go to nightclubs? 

BTW, Colin Cowherd is an ass-flap, and Mike Wilbon has been the most sensible commentator out there.  Basically: we don't know enough yet to burn BBR at the stake.  Maybe he is playing a bit reckless, but don't most NFLers do what Ben is doing in the off-season? 

Thanks for that Finny.
That's what I've been trying to say as well, though less clearly, obviously.

And I don't think it's just most NFLers who do it in the off-season.  It's what most single men do most of the time!

pumasgirl
N00b

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 13:28 »

Thanks for that Finny.
That's what I've been trying to say as well, though less clearly, obviously.

And I don't think it's just most NFLers who do it in the off-season.  It's what most single men do most of the time!

Exactly... although I think you could amend that to be most single men and some married men (ahem... Tiger)! Assuming he's innocent... it would seem that Ben just isn't very good at the "wham, bam, thank you, ma'am" and ends up royally pissing off these women after he gets what he wants.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: