Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben picking up Ray-Ray's leftovers  (Read 1292 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 13:57 »

I know there's a lot of smoke here, but I still want to know: where's the fire?  If Ben was just partying and there was NO actual assault, WTF is the league going to do? 

I can understand the Rooneys wanting Ben to minimize his exposure in potentially damaging situations, i.e., "trawling for sluts."  But the fact is, he's 28 years old, he's not married, if the accusations are bogus then he hasn't broken any laws...  We're asking players to make lifestyle choices... to the point that we can tell them not to go to nightclubs? 

BTW, Colin Cowherd is an ass-flap, and Mike Wilbon has been the most sensible commentator out there.  Basically: we don't know enough yet to burn BBR at the stake.  Maybe he is playing a bit reckless, but don't most NFLers do what Ben is doing in the off-season? 

All contingent on the charges being false, of course.

What did Cowturd say?

God, I have scorching case of Ben saga burnout, but I still come to these threads, looking for....something. Anything.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 15:09 »

Cowherd: Ben is stupid x ?.

If Wilbon's rational and measured response represents one side of the collective Steeler unconsciousness' brain, then Cowherd's shrill overreaction represents the other, the emotional response before anyone knows what the fuck is what.  It wasn't so much what he said as how he said it.  OK, we know Ben's not the most astute guy in terms of not putting himself into potentially toxic situations, but...

Cowherd  has one of the most whiny ass bitch voices the world has ever known, and his method of getting to the point is to keep anteing the most wretched bits of minutiae and subjective swill in an attempt to make disconnected sound bites form a Grand Inquisitor's argument.  

Wilbon's take was that Ben being out at a club is normal behavior for a guy his age, and we can't assume he actually did what was alleged without all the facts.  Cowherd's argument, as best I can reconstruct it, went something like this:

1. Anyone with any measure of success, or for that matter, anyone who is employed, would not go to a nightclub.  Such a person would go to a lounge.  The term lounge was never differentiated by Cowherd from the term nightclub
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 at 15:25 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 15:24 »

Cowherd.  Looks like:

Sounds like:

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2010 at 06:49 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 19:21 »

Man that guy is fucking weird looking!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 20:09 »

Looks like Jim Breuer & Joe Buck had an ass kid.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:27 »

In short, this is standard.  Cowherd is a douchenozzle Washington~ite that still hasn't gotten over XL and as a result, hates everything Steeler.

At this point, I think I'm more concerned about what Goodell might do than I am about BR being convicted of anything.  Then again, that opinion might change when we find out...you know, what actually happened.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: