Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 14:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst case  (Read 4578 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:11 »

Dipshit that I am, I thought that maybe Ben's troubles would mean he'd spend his days and nights at the complex to prove to the Rooneys what a dedicated employee he is. Nope. According to the Post-Gazette, OTA's started Monday, and Ben is the most notable no-show. Is it just me, or does it feel like he doesn't get it, and he's out every night clubbing, lining up shots for his bitches like nothing happened?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043168-66.stm

Thank God we've moved past baseless speculation about what happened in Milledgeville, and onto baseless speculation about what Ben's doing during OTAs.

Also, I've seen nothing -- not one piece of substantial evidence -- to refute the notion that Ben spent Christmas day, 2009, having sex with a sheep.  This gets uglier by the minute.

Call me crazy, but I would have been happier if he showed up and worked out with his teammates.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:14 by Steelerdipwad » Logged

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:15 »

Dipshit that I am, I thought that maybe Ben's troubles would mean he'd spend his days and nights at the complex to prove to the Rooneys what a dedicated employee he is.

Do they offer Bud Light at the complex. Dude must be 20-25 lbs heavier than he was his rookie season, and it's not because he's doing a cycle. He'll soon be a pocket passer. He'll have no choice.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:17 »

Dipshit that I am, I thought that maybe Ben's troubles would mean he'd spend his days and nights at the complex to prove to the Rooneys what a dedicated employee he is.

Do they offer Bud Light at the complex. Dude must be 20-25 lbs heavier than he was his rookie season, and it's not because he's doing a cycle. He'll soon be a pocket passer. He'll have no choice.

Well, he's never been a Jerry Rice in the off season, so I don't think he's in any worse shape than he usually is at this time of year. It's gonna be a problem when he gets in his early thirties if he wants to continue to play, but at 28, I think he can still use camp to get in shape like he's been doing.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:37 »

It's gonna be a problem when he gets in his early thirties if he wants to continue to play, but at 28, I think he can still use camp to get in shape like he's been doing.

I'm not talking his off-season weight, I mean his playing weight. With the line he has, getting fatter only really helps on keepers.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 08:48 »

It's gonna be a problem when he gets in his early thirties if he wants to continue to play, but at 28, I think he can still use camp to get in shape like he's been doing.

I'm not talking his off-season weight, I mean his playing weight. With the line he has, getting fatter only really helps on keepers.

Gotcha. Well, he had a 100 rating, so apparently it didn't hurt him all that much, but it would be nice if he came in in tip top shape. Of course, we may be wishing we had Fat Ben soon rather than Skinny Dennis. How fucking long are these Barney Fifes in Gooberville, Ga gonna dick around with this before they decide whether or not to charge him? The statute of limitations is running out here.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 09:37 »

Well, he had a 100 rating, so apparently it didn't hurt him all that much, but it would be nice if he came in in tip top shape.

Agreed. It just seems he has the Shaq attitude when it comes to conditioning. And, it seems, the Kobe approach off the field.

Of course, we may be wishing we had Fat Ben soon rather than Skinny Dennis.

Ya get spoiled quick. Thought we were locked in at the QB spot for years to come.

How fucking long are these Barney Fifes in Gooberville, Ga gonna dick around with this before they decide whether or not to charge him? The statute of limitations is running out here.

I say they wait until the lockout.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 11:57 »

Looks like he and his posse met with investigators Saturday

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/16/roethlisberger-already-met-with-investigators-in-georgia/

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #57 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 13:07 »

Gotcha. Well, he had a 100 rating, so apparently it didn't hurt him all that much, but it would be nice if he came in in tip top shape. Of course, we may be wishing we had Fat Ben soon rather than Skinny Dennis.

I don't want our QB to be the John Daly of the NFL, tons of natural talent with a couple huge major wins, a lazy work attitude and a taste for Miller Lite and Chips Ahoy.  Next thing we know he's going to be found passed out in the Hooters parking lot.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 13:09 »

Gotcha. Well, he had a 100 rating, so apparently it didn't hurt him all that much, but it would be nice if he came in in tip top shape. Of course, we may be wishing we had Fat Ben soon rather than Skinny Dennis.

I don't want our QB to be the John Daly of the NFL, tons of natural talent with a couple huge major wins, a lazy work attitude and a taste for Miller Lite and Chips Ahoy.  Next thing we know he's going to be found passed out in the Hooters parking lot.

You mean our next QB...?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Mar 16, 2010 at 13:40 »

You mean our next QB...?

I hope you're not insinuating that the description fits Ben, because he does NOT like Miller Lite.He likes shots.

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: