Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 21:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steigerwald flames Ben  (Read 2227 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Mar 12, 2010 at 08:33 »

Sounds a little like piling on, but here it is...

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/just-watch-the-game-blog

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 09:01 »

Full disclosure, my son is named after Ben so this hits close to home, but I agree.  

If this stuff is true (and it might be) then write it after he wins the Super Bowl and everyone in the 'Burgh is fluffing Ben (maybe a bad choice of words but I am going with it.)  To wait until public opinion is turning or waning, just looks like piling on and I don't have a lot of respect for that.  

I named my son Benjamin Bradshaw because of the accomplishments of those men on the football field not because they were saints so I don't feel the pinch on it just yet.  Maybe I will...  

PUMA
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 09:56 »

That blog sounds like drunken ramblings to me.  Blah blah blah Steigerwald.  Ben needs to be taken down a peg?  Whatevs.  Is it any surprise that young millionaire athletes might be a bit cocky?  That any humility shown is merely a practiced response?  Steigerwald acts like he just found out that the Tooth Fairy ain't real.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 10:05 »

Yeah, let's burn Ben at the stake while we're at it.

Then, after we find out a few facts about the case, we can decide if it was a good idea.

Steigerwald sounds like a fuckin' douche.  I skimmed a few choice words and was done with it.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 12:52 »

This is a pretty interesting read on the subject.  Sounds like the odds are not in Ben's favor. 

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/11/big-bens-in-more-trouble-than-you-think/

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 13:46 »

This is a pretty interesting read on the subject.  Sounds like the odds are not in Ben's favor. 

Saw that.

I found his argument... unconvincing at best.  He's a lawyer?  And he doesn't really seem to discuss the case per se, moreso the setting and tactics. 

I dunno, call me old fashioned.  I still prefer things like... what actually happened... the way those facts will be interpreted under the law... etc.

This guy makes the whole thing sound like who can throw on more window dressing.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 14:24 »

Just Watch the Game Blog
Blog by John Steigerwald

Who?

Exactly.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 14:42 »

Saw that.

I found his argument... unconvincing at best.  He's a lawyer?  And he doesn't really seem to discuss the case per se, moreso the setting and tactics. 

I dunno, call me old fashioned.  I still prefer things like... what actually happened... the way those facts will be interpreted under the law... etc.

This guy makes the whole thing sound like who can throw on more window dressing.

So he's a lawyer.  So am I.
Unless I'm the prosecutor, my opinion on whether charges will be brought ultimately mean nothing!

I'm with you Finny.  Facts are what mean something.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 15:18 »

Saw that.

So he's a lawyer.  So am I.
Unless I'm the prosecutor, my opinion on whether charges will be brought ultimately mean nothing!

I'm with you Finny.  Facts are what mean something.

Sheesh, they must give those dang law degrees to any damned body...   blob8

JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 15:50 »

I agree with you guys, I will wait until all of the facts are known.  I just found the article interesting.  Maybe that guy has watched way too much Law and Order SVU.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: