Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 22:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA Tourney Pick'em  (Read 4839 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 17:00 »

Top two guys have the two lowest PPR, oddly.  Really need to nail the championship game.

I know Nova was going to be a problem child after that R1 game.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 18:53 »

Kansas falls.  This year is without a doubt the closest bracket in my basketball watching lifetime.

C'mon Baylor.  You're my only hope.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 19:03 »

nice...that has to be a new record for futility...half my elite 8 teams eliminated, half my final 4 teams eliminated, all of my final teams eliminated...all by the first day of the second round.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 19:21 »

I'm 5 of 6 in the second round games ... losses that is.  Geez.  Luckily, still 6 elite 8 remain and all of the final 4.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 22:57 »

This keeps up and we may see the lowest winning total in MGS history, whatever the fuck that would be.

Midway through round 2 and 8 of 12 brackets have lost their champ.

Hitching my wagon to K state and Baylor to earn some points.  Of course that wagon has one wheel missing and two more real loose.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 14:04 »

Kansas canned.

Tough knock to those rockin' the chalk with the Jayhawks.

Nice pick, Obama.

Looking for Pitt to defend the remaining semblance of Big East honor and get past the Sean Miller-less Muskies of Xavier. I'd get deep into the bench, playing guys like Richardson and Woodall more, to keep guys fresh and available and hopefully wear down the high-scoring A-10 bunch from Cincinnati. Let them enjoy their Jordan Crawford youtube moments while Gary McGhee is still slam-dancing elbows in the Sweet 16.

Another Pitt dismissal of Xavier and a Duke loss (please God let it happen) would make for a great first weekend of the tournament.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:50 »

Fucking CBS forcefeeding us the Duke-Cal snorefest while Pitt cuts it to one.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 19:07 »

Didn't miss anything. Although I did notice it interesing that CBS would do the whip-around update just as Xavier went on a 5-0 run and took the lead for the first time? Am I supposed to just sit back and assume that is what really happened?!? ...I guess so. They HAD to do their little games update right then because they couldn't cut into 3,000 showings of the spraying armpit guy commercial. Or those fuckin babies who talk.

I'm not sure who's that product is even for but if you gabbily-glorify or worse yet use said products youre enabling those idiots to continue. Just like watching poker on television or those fat-assed Kardashians do household chores youre encouraging that crap to stay on air. 

Washington is in the Sweet 16. I swear I had that as an original pick before scaling back the upsets (also cost me a second Cornell win, but saved me a GT over Ohio St loss). But to overhear ace, supremely qualified, journalist Katie Couric quote numbers "65% of voters now believe Washington is dysfunctional". As opposed to the 2006 tournament whenever CBS and Couric were reporting that insiders said George Mason would've capitalized on their final four berth and cut down nets if it weren't for GW Bush's sullying of the name George. F Obama and his fail-bracket. Gotta credit Pondexter and Zeke Thomas for pulling through.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 19:41 »

CBS' unrelenting Masters clips are one thing, and I know this year is especially trumped up, but am I to believe some rounds of golf are more classy and dignified and important in a piece of sexist, racist Georgia than they are at some other set o' links around the globe? The ads have the classic music and the whole, pompous "if you don't chew Big Red, then Fuck You" tone. I hate golf and youre not that important masters.

Izzo way emotional after the buzzer-beater win over Maryland. Felt great for me that they helped out my bracket with that, knocked out the Venezuelan PG that looks striking similar to my sisters boyfriend, but too bad their main leader probably is done with a torn achilles.

If I had to suffer a non-Bobbitt style injury and I had a choice I would hate to live through an Achilles injury. Hell the original poor slub kept complaining about his heel and thats how the injury was first diagnosed I think. Same with Lou Gehrigs disease but whatever. Constant whining and then a firm diagnosis. This shit was bad, though. Not like Kerrigan writhing around and getting credit for water on the knee or something. Whatta fraud she was.

Kentucky vs Cornell next round. The Cornellians award-winning class of academia against the Caliparian "I'll do anything to win" way. Darnell Dodson couldn't get into Pitt but is a main starter on that team in Lexington. Im betting Coach Cal wakes up in a cold sweat nightmare thinking his bunch is on Hometown High Q hosted by Ken Rice on KDKA.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 09:28 »

Kentucky vs Cornell next round. The Cornellians award-winning class of academia against the Caliparian "I'll do anything to win" way. Darnell Dodson couldn't get into Pitt but is a main starter on that team in Lexington. Im betting Coach Cal wakes up in a cold sweat nightmare thinking his bunch is on Hometown High Q hosted by Ken Rice on KDKA.

Spekaing of Cornell:

"We've got eight seniors on this team, and we want to take this ride as long as we can, because after this it's just nothing but babies and memories, so we'll just keep going," Dale told reporters on Sunday.

Nothiing that doesn't need to be said, in the words of the man whose wire was famously held lo those many years ago.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: