Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 21:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA Tourney Pick'em  (Read 5500 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 22:59 »

and for you numbers geeks, I don't know if they've given numbers on brackets, but if ESPN had 4.5 million entries, by percentage of ppl picking each team I figure there should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 perfect final fours.

I'd bet this is the highest percentage of brackets with no final four teams ever.

And, I just looked at the leaderboard.  Guys with 75% correct picks are on the front page.  Can't win, but they're tied for 66.  Insane.  One dude with 43 out of 60 picks, and missed one final four team, front page.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2010 at 23:12 by msdmnr2002 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Mar 29, 2010 at 10:19 »

Looks like Bro OD can start celebrating early.

Since I wouldn't even confer on him honorary MGS status, the title will go to the highest ranking board member.

I'm already turning my attention to the next great fantasy challenge, starting when Joyce sets up the Masters Best Ball challenge, 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 22:11 »

Definitely a wacky year.

Weakest final four field I have seen in my NCAA watching days. UNC had more pros on each of their last two champ teams than the remaining field combined. Pitt definitely picked the wrong year to run out such a strong team last year.

I missed the beginning of both games but Ive always loved seeing them show the starting five intros with their position and class information posted and their signature below. I'm wondering if they had to have the WVU sign or if they just copied their hancocks from the police report?

Black jerseys for WVU tonight? Interesting. Why is Mazzulla's name blacked out though? All the other players have a golden highlight around all letters and numbers on their unreadable jerseys.

Ellen Page isn't exactly my ideal starlet type but if she's got nothing to do but visit her small-town schoolhouse and doctor I will volunteer my time to show her some real fun.

Butler's head coach looks like my cousin Brian. My dad brought that up to me today at an Easter party thing and I about lost it. Great call from one of the least funny people on the earth.

What's in yer wallet? Too many credit cards as is but none for, not am I enticed to get any for another one who highlights what blissful rewards I can earn through the vacations of a bunch of sweaty vikings.

Nancy Pelosi just texted me and asked what is up with Coach K's wife's eyes. She never blinks anymore.

Whenever critics said Duke needed to get more athletic by recruiting more "brothers" they didnt mean the Plumlees.

There's that annoying commercial again that's been running all tourney. Reebok zigtech or something. Chad Ochocinco calls them "the energy drink for your feet". I guess his new Bengal WR mate Matt Jones wont be doing any ads for "the energy drink for your nose" anytime soon.

My smokin hot friend Melissa things Kyle Singler looks like Napoleon Dynamite. Good enough for me.

I was rooting for MSU to pull this out (so I guess thats why they lost first) only because I heard an interview asking about Butler's hometown advantage and he correctly cited the final last year when Detroit locally hosted them vs UNC. The Tar Heels proceeded to go local loco on 'em and they were down like 40-15 or something.

Butler had two main players on that USA under-19 team (or whatever) that Jamie Dixon led to gold that summer. Mack and Hayward. That'll be enough to have me rooting for them in the final. That and I'm not a floor-slapping fan of rat-coached flopping nazis like Duke.

Murry Hewitt is the star of the tournament. PRESENT!

I am waiting until later when Nantz is all...tune in Monday for what critics have called "the whitest final game ever" between Duke and Butler. Only on americas favorite network.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 21:23 »

Good god.  Watching the halftime show, and someone holds up a sign that says, "Go Pats!!  Go Duke!!".  Must've been Nantz's idea.

Da'Sean Butler needed to stop talking 15 minutes ago.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Apr 07, 2010 at 18:29 »

FIVE of Greasy John's Kentucky Wildcats enter the draft.  NCAA investigation to follow, no doubt.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: