Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 17:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Yawn)...Here we go again  (Read 866 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Mar 24, 2010 at 16:01 »

As embarrassing as our loss to Cle was last season, I'm still not buying this crap:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schein-afc-offseason-progress-report?GT1=39002

BROWNS: Believe!

WARNING: I am about to write something really nice about the Cleveland Browns. Linebacker Scott Fujita told me on Sirius NFL Radio that when he met with Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert, he felt the same way as he did when he signed with the Saints.

I like Fujita and Tony Pashos as veterans and leaders at areas of need, linebacker and offensive line, respectively. Cleveland smartly cut Derek Anderson and brought in Holmgren's guy, Seneca Wallace from Seattle. Cleveland signed Jake Delhomme last weekend, and I think it's a great fit. Sure, Delhomme was a turnover machine in Carolina, but he becomes an instant leader for a team that desperately needs it.  Despite turnover problems with Carolina, Jake Delhomme adds quarterback stability for the Browns.
Nick Laham

Delhomme and Wallace are upgrades over Anderson and Brady Quinn, who was traded to Denver for basically nothing. Give Holmgren credit for recognizing that Quinn and Anderson, fair or unfair, represented futility from a prior regime. It was time to get rid of them both. And I loved the Ben Watson pickup at tight end. Strong, solid building blocks from a great new brass

MUST WE endure this every year?  BTW, Adam Seinfeld is a clown.

Jake DelMonte?  Really?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 22:13 »

Cleveland signed Jake Delhomme last weekend, and I think it's a great fit. Sure, Delhomme was a turnover machine in Carolina, but he becomes an instant leader for a team that desperately needs it.  Despite turnover problems with Carolina, Jake Delhomme adds quarterback stability for the Browns.

I do too.  I mean, he was asked to do so much with the Panthers.  That entire offense was on his shoulders; no running game to speak of; no quality talent at WR.  I can't think of one single guy they split out wide that would even be considered for the Pro Bowl.  And, that offensive line??  Horrific.

Things will be markedly different for him this year in Cleveland.  He can sit back and let all of those playmakers do their thing.  Just get 'em the ball.  Just.  Lead.

You watch.

Championship.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 22:16 »

Linebacker Scott Fujita told me on Sirius NFL Radio that when he met with Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert, he felt the same way as he did when he signed with the Saints.

Desperate and on his last legs? Or just entering a shithole of a city considered a general disaster area? Granted, there aren't people in Cleveland on their rooftops camping out and dramatically looking to be rescued (ala Katrina) but that is just because they're too lazy to climb up there. Cleveland sucks, but at least Holmgren has stopped blaming the Super Bowl XL refs for the complete despair and carnage of that city from when he first arrived.

Cleveland smartly cut Derek Anderson and brought in Holmgren's guy, Seneca Wallace from Seattle.

His "guy"? Well I will leave all the gay jokes alone (145%) there because it's nothing that doesn't need be said, but let me get this straight (no punz!): Scott Fujita went on Sirius NFL Radio and told Adam Schein that he's confident in Mike Holmgren's guy Seneca Wallace? How convincing.

His guy? Must really trust him. That can never go bad. I bet Marty Brodeur's brothers-in-law all thought he was their guy. Wayne Bridge told me John Terry's always been his guy out there on the pitch. OJ once called his waiter at the Mezzaluna his "My man!" which, I think, is basically the same as being his guy but we all saw how that played out.

Sure, Delhomme was a turnover machine in Carolina, but he becomes an instant leader for a team that desperately needs it.

So he was a turnover machine surrounded by guys like Steve Smith, Jonathon Stewart, Jeff Otah, Jordan Gross and DeAngelo Williams but he'll be better, against better defenses, around the likes of this new guy Pashos? No deal!

He'll be a bonafide leader alright if you continue counting his turnover totals. Now I'm done.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
sysadmin7

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 16:15 »

Cleveland signed Jake Delhomme last weekend, and I think it's a great fit. Sure, Delhomme was a turnover machine in Carolina, but he becomes an instant leader for a team that desperately needs it.  Despite turnover problems with Carolina, Jake Delhomme adds quarterback stability for the Browns.

I do too.  I mean, he was asked to do so much with the Panthers.  That entire offense was on his shoulders; no running game to speak of; no quality talent at WR.  I can't think of one single guy they split out wide that would even be considered for the Pro Bowl.  And, that offensive line??  Horrific.

Things will be markedly different for him this year in Cleveland.  He can sit back and let all of those playmakers do their thing.  Just get 'em the ball.  Just.  Lead.

You watch.

Championship.

CLASSIC... Grin

LINUX = FREEDOM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: