Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 07:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marc-Andre. What the FUCK???  (Read 636 times)
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« on: Mar 24, 2010 at 23:26 »

Can someone, anyone, tell me how were up 2-1 in a fucking shootout and this little cocksucker lets up 2 more for the win?  You stone Backstrom but let in Ovie, Semin, and Knuble?  I'm gunna fucking hurl.  Clutch in the playoffs or not, I would kill to see Ryan Miller in a Pens uni.  Fleury isn't showing shit.  Hasnt been showing shit.  And at this here particular point in time, Im wondering if he will ever show brilliance again.  Motherfucker.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 08:37 »

Another frustrating game to watch last night. Dominant for stretches, such as the entire first period, then asleep at the switch for other stretches. This team is so inconsistent right now that I do not liek their chances of getting out of the second round.

I am usually the first to stick up for Fluery since the defense has been so inconsistent this year. For instance, Monday's game against Detroit could have easily been 7-1 if Fluery doesn't stand on his head.

But that shootout last night was horrendous. Ovie hasn't gone backhand all season, take away the forehand. And letting Knuble score in a shootout is a sin in itself.

Also, what was Bylsma thinking making Guerin the # 3 shootout guy and Kunitz the # 4?

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 09:20 »

Before we get all panicky 'round here, lemme axe a question.

Who is the team most likely to win the west?

I say it's Detroit.  And we're in a much better position than they are right now.

Point is, while our club is young in years, it is not young in postseason experience.  Of course thinking we can just turn it on when the second season starts is dangerous, but I believe in Bylsma and markandrefleurr (as he says in his radio spot) since they have one cup, and Fleury damn close to two.

Having said that, Shero didn't quite pull off the magic at the deadline this year that he did the last two. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 09:43 »

Before we get all panicky 'round here, lemme axe a question.

I say it's Detroit.  And we're in a much better position than they are right now.

Point is, while our club is young in years, it is not young in postseason experience.  Of course thinking we can just turn it on when the second season starts is dangerous, but I believe in Bylsma and markandrefleurr (as he says in his radio spot) since they have one cup, and Fleury damn close to two.

Having said that, Shero didn't quite pull off the magic at the deadline this year that he did the last two. 

I know, I have to keep reminding myself that we weren't even sure this team was going to make the playoffs at this time last year. Also, we have 3 extremely winnable games coming up with the douchebags, Toronto, and Tampa. Getting 6 points there can go a long way towards building some playoff confidence.

Penso, you probably should start another Pens Playoff Push thread. It was magical last year.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:39 »

Penso, you probably should start another Pens Playoff Push thread. It was magical last year.

Ask and ye shall receive...

And maybe I'll throw in a "Stars elimination thread" so that jonzr can play along, too.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 11:01 »

Poke checking too much in shootout.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 11:07 »

Also, what was Bylsma thinking making Guerin the # 3 shootout guy and Kunitz the # 4?

Dont even get me started about those brilliant ideas.  Guerin looked like my grandfather out there.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 13:38 »

Can someone, anyone, tell me how were up 2-1 in a fucking shootout and this little cocksucker lets up 2 more for the win?  You stone Backstrom but let in Ovie, Semin, and Knuble?  I'm gunna fucking hurl.  Clutch in the playoffs or not, I would kill to see Ryan Miller in a Pens uni.  Fleury isn't showing shit.  Hasnt been showing shit.  And at this here particular point in time, Im wondering if he will ever show brilliance again.  Motherfucker.

Flower was money last year in the playoffs, I'm not worried about him. I just don't like the shootout being the tiebreaker. I don't think winning the shootout is really indicative of who the better team was during the game. We had the momentum going into overtime, and we carried the play in that period, but you can't carry momentum into a fucking shootout.

Staal should have been the 3rd shooter. He played amazing all night, and he was fired up. I really think he would have scored.

I say it's Detroit.

Detroit has experience and are playing really good hockey right now, but I don't see them beating Vancouver or Chicago in a seven game series. The Coyotes are playing out of their minds right now too. They could very conceivably make run for it as well.

Agreed, it would be madness not to!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: