Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 13:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Car Accident  (Read 519 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Mar 30, 2010 at 17:01 »

Some of you may recall that three girls from our church were severely injured in a car accident.  Carlyn, and 8th grader, was killed; her sister Chelsey has suffered from severe brain damage; and Lauren was back on her feet after about a week.

There has been a degree of closure to this in the past couple of weeks.  Chelsey died on Sunday, March 14 of ongoing complications from the brain damage that she endured.  She was doing very well (all things considered), but was still looking at a lifetime of mental/emotional/medical issues that most of us could not imagine.  While she could communicate, remember, and comprehend certain things, she was going to be confined to a wheel chair and needed constant care.  She was very limited in her movement/motor control.

I would not call this a "blessing in disguise" as I don't exactly believe in that terminology.  However, I firmly believe that Chelsey is in a better place, and am admittedly relieved that her family and friends can begin finding a way to put their lives back together after two and a half difficult years.

Keep this family in your prayers.  Thanks.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2010 at 17:04 »

Our prayers are with them...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2010 at 15:23 »

Wow, that's tragic. I'll keep them in my prayers.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2010 at 11:23 »

Condolences to all affected by that horrible tragedy.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2010 at 12:55 »

My condolences Preach, and she is definitely in a better place. Prayers to you, her, and her family.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: