Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 08:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decision on Big Ben charges to be announced Monday  (Read 1836 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 14:37 »

So, do the Rooneys sit his ass down for two games for being Big Dumb and Stupid? Or do you let him skate?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 14:52 »

So, do the Rooneys sit his ass down for two games for being Big Dumb and Stupid? Or do you let him skate?

No, they let Goodell do the dirty work and slap him for supplying alcohol to an underage girl, and make him do some substance abuse whatever stuff.  Chris Henry got 8 games for a bigger combo of ills, some of which was supplying to 3 underage girls; I would guess Ben gets 2 games.  We'll see.  He's white, so he can't be a "thug," therefore maybe he skates under Goodell's system?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #22 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 15:31 »

Yep, the various websites and comments are already playing the race card in this.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #23 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 15:34 »

Had to figure that was going to happen...people even saying Tone was a scapegoat for Ben's transgressions....Ton e was charged sith several different offenses. 

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #24 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 15:39 »

Text of letter from Roethlisberger's accuser to DA
Monday, April 12, 2010
Text of the letter from the attorney for Ben Roethlisberger's accuser to District Attorney Fred Bright:

March 17, 2010

Re: Benjamin Roethlisberger

Dear Mr. Bright:

As you know, we represent the complainant in the referenced matter, and it is about that that I write you at this time.

After a great deal of deliberation, our client has instructed us to advise you that she does not want to prosecute this matter further. While I am well aware that the prosecution decision rests with the district attorney, and not a complaining party, it is appropriate that you be aware of this fact as you make your decision.

What is obvious in looking forward is that a criminal trial would be a very intrusive personal experience for complainant in this situation, given the extraordinary media attention that would be inevitable. The media coverage to date, and the efforts of the media to access our client, have been unnerving, to say the least.

In short, no matter what the outcome of a criminal trial, our client has had sound professional advice since this incident that participating in a public trial would not at all be in her best interest as she goes forward with her life. That is a decision that we, as her attorneys, fully support. As should be clear from what I have said here, this decision does not reflect any recanting of our client's complaint, but simply a realistic, personal decision as to what is in her best interests, and what it would be like to go through a trial with the expected media attention.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

With best regards, I remain very truly yours

David F. Walbert

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049823-66.stm?cmpid=relatedarticle#ixzz0kv8QDDwb

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 15:46 »

96%
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 18:28 »

96%

That's a lovely closing.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: