Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously is he  (Read 4021 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Apr 13, 2010 at 14:56 »

Really that hated in the burgh?

I took off this afternoon to get some work done at my house and I listened to 1250 ESPN radio on my iphone--App--
They were shredding Ben, claiming that he is an ass for not apologizing to the fans of Pittsburgh and that he sounded more pissed than anything.

I would be pissed if I was him.  He was torn up on side and down the other for something that he did not do.  Did he show poor judgement--sure.   But bottom line he scored with a drunk chick.  Tell me that you never hooked up with a drunk chick.  I in no way condone forcing yourself on a woman!  No does mean no.  But when did she say no, did she say no, why was there no DNA that lead to his arrest? Why is he having to meet with Goodell...because he hooked up in a bar bathroom. 

I know that he has been an ass to the people of Pittsburgh, does that mean it is time to get rid of a franchise QB?

Do you believe he is being shopped?
Should we shop him?

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 15:23 »

This morning on Mike & Mike one ESPN lawyer dude said part of the equation, even though the chick didn't want to press charges, is that she was soooooo drunk she really had no idea what happened, so they couldn't get a reliable statement out of her.  He made it sound that if they had any info from her, they would be prosecuting.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 15:37 »

I in no way condone forcing yourself on a woman!  No does mean no.

Unless she's too wasted to say anything.

Thank god Terri Schiavo is dead or Ben might dump a couple shots down her feeding tube, then saddle up.

His best move right now would be to play the "I have a drinking problem" card and get off the hooch. Kenny Stabler told me this guy is out of control.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 15:49 »

I in no way condone forcing yourself on a woman!  No does mean no.

Unless she's too wasted to say anything.

Thank god Terri Schiavo is dead or Ben might dump a couple shots down her feeding tube, then saddle up.

His best move right now would be to play the "I have a drinking problem" card and get off the hooch. Kenny Stabler told me this guy is out of control.

Would not surprise me in the least if Ben would get caught having sex with a vegetable.

Checkout guy [in Hurley voice]: Duuuude... why are you in here every week buying spaghetti squash and butter...?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 19:10 »

You guys can take all the cheap shots you want, but at least Ben has finally shed the image of being able to manage his game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 20:40 »

Now we just need him to manage his meat.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 20:44 »

You guys can take all the cheap shots you want, but at least Ben has finally shed the image of being able to manage his game.

Yeah, and one of our lineman finally blocked long enough to let a guy find a hole.

Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2010 at 08:50 »

To the original question, I seriously hope that Ben is not being shopped right now. He needs another chance. He did something that is sketchy for sure, but I'd bet the house that his behavior toward women is no different than what many, many pro athletes do on any given weekend.

And here's another thing. Trading Ben would be for PR purposes, obviously. But what is the PR cost/benefit analysis for the following scenarios?

BEN IS TRADED

PR benefit: The team shows it doesn't tolerate bad apples. The team frees itself, somewhat, of distractions and can focus on football.

PR cost: The team explicitly admits that a raging, incorrigible A-hole led its recent run of glory. Dwell on this for a minute. Do the Steelers really want to concede that the guy who would figure prominently in all the Super Bowl highlights, posters, memoribilia, etc. is one they -- the team -- labeled too slimy to keep?? This, to me, is the ultimate PR disaster, because while players come and go, references to past Super Bowls never stray far from cable TV.

BEN IS NOT TRADED

PR benefit: The team gives Ben a chance to turn himself around and fly right. This redeems not only Ben but our recent history. Also, while fans and the media may be dumping on him now, since they (especially the media) love two stories above all else: the mighty brought low. But the other story? The lowlife who finds his way back.

PR cost: The team looks hypocritical for a while, and the microscope is on Ben so long as there's no other NFL news out there. Ben will be asked about this at every post-game, pre-game interview for a long time.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2010 at 08:54 by Manimal » Logged
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2010 at 09:13 »

OK he must endear himself to the people of Pittsburgh and realize he has a pretty good gig.

If he does this and plays well he will be forgiven.

The public has forgiven Kobe Bryant, Leonard Little, Pete Rose, Allen Iverson, Mike Tyson, and to a certain extent Mike Vick.

This can all be forgotten if Ben conducts himself in the correct way.  The Steelers need to make sure that they start the "Creating a New Ben" image campaign asap.

IMHO trading a 2 time SB Championship QB is not an option.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2010 at 09:16 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

Pages: [1] 2 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: