Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 22:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously is he  (Read 4162 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #60 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 17:21 »

Kwalla...sorry but no.  Too hard to replace a franchise QB

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 17:33 »

I realize Ben ain't too bright, but with new accusations every day and a suspension being decided upon, you'd think someone in his camp would be telling him to deny, deny, deny. Even that dumb fuck Pete Rose knew enough to do that.

A season with at least 4 games of Dixon/Batch running the show, followed by a lockout year.

Nice.  :rolleyes:
Pain

« Reply #62 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 18:20 »

I think we should trade Ben.  Just put an end to all this drama and get rid of him.   We've got a couple of other decent QBs who can manage the game... and pick one up in the draft.  What we really need is a game changing WR who'll make our new average QB better. I loves Hines, but he's getting long in the tooth and just isn't down-the-field dymanic enough.  I bet we could get a couple of starters for Ben... I wonder if we could pick up a WR who's a former Super Bowl MVP like Santonio Holmes and perennial all pro guard like Alan Faneca from the Jets for Ben. 

I think we can't trust that this won't happen again with Ben, or that more allegations won't keep popping up. For that reason, I'd be inclined to trade him now/soon while he still has some value... Another major story like this, and the Rooney's won't want him and won't be able to get squat for him...We'll be stuck. I'm over BB at this point. He does some things that other QB's don't, I'll admit it. But he also throws a lot of dumb picks and takes a lot of unnecessary sacks. He's exciting to watch because of the escapes and magical throws, but my heart can't take too many consecutive seasons of living on the brink of disaster each game. In my mind, we can find another QB to be successful. I wish I wasn't saying this shit right now, but I am and it's how I feel. It's all just so stoooopid.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 18:23 »

A season with at least 4 games of Dixon/Batch running the show, followed by a lockout year.

Nice.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, that one of the reasons that I don't think the team would be crazy to trade him -- assuming that it was for a minimum of 2 #1 picks. Know it's a big risk, but, so is assuming BBR won't trip over his dick again. Not to mention that he'll be 30 post lockout, and has had way too many shots to the head over the past 5 years.

Wouldn't shock me if the dude is all Webster in another 3 or 4 years.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 18:39 »

But, you've got a guy who can win a game with his arm. And that's with limited protection and even when the defense can't stop shit. See Green Bay game. You don't stumble upon a QB like that every few years.

I mean he can't throw the long ball like Leftwich, but he's pretty good. Grin
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 20:15 »

But, you've got a guy who can win a game with his arm. And that's with limited protection and even when the defense can't stop shit. See Green Bay game. You don't stumble upon a QB like that every few years.

I mean he can't throw the long ball like Leftwich, but he's pretty good. Grin

Yeah, he's no Lefty, but he's got a ring or two to his credit, even if he is a dumb prick.

Seriously.   :rolleyes:

Does no one remember the wallowing in mediocrity we'd been doing between Bradshaw and Ben??
It's not like Ben killed somebody.  Or even raped anybody.
Hell, there's no proof he did anything wrong, especially if you actually read the Milledgeville report all the way through.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 20:29 »

http://deadspin.com/5518968/milledgeville-officer-said-woman-was-making-up-her-rape-accusation

I'm still the one with the boobs.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 06:35 »

Does no one remember the wallowing in mediocrity we'd been doing between Bradshaw and Ben??
It's not like Ben killed somebody.  Or even raped anybody.
Hell, there's no proof he did anything wrong, especially if you actually read the Milledgeville report all the way through.

I'm not saying I prefer that they trade him, but I can certainly see the logic. Ben is tremendously valuable on the field, especially when it really matters.

But if he's not ON the field, not so much.

And while he may not have technically committed a crime, he acted like an idiot -- after already nearly getting burned LAST year.  He showed extremely poor judgment, judgment he is expected to exhibit as a highly compensated team representative. So, the question is, does he screw up again? If so, what are the ultimate repercussions to the franchise?

I prefer he keeps his nose clean, and continues as the Steelers' starting QB. But I also recognize the conundrum that the organization is now in.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 08:35 »

It takes courage to do the right moral thing.

Sometimes that includes not bowing to political correctness or media hue and cry.

The Goodell suspension is enough.

NOW LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #69 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 12:00 »

Ben needs to grow up. He is 1 of 32 people on the planet who does what he does, and he is only 1 of 5 or so who can do it as well as he can. He's gotta realize being an NFL QB comes with a lot of responsibility. He shouldn't be in a bar bathroom with a 20 year old college student in Bumfuck, Egypt. Whether he actually did anything illegal is irrelevant in my opinion, the fact of the matter is this is yet another case of Ben using poor judgment. Dude needs to wake the fuck up.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: