Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 02:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sens-Pens  (Read 3092 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #30 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 07:19 »

Close out the Sens tonight and get some rest...

this series was closed out the 2nd period of game 3.  its been all down hill since for em.

Not so fast...we cannot lose game 6.  Remember what we did to Detroit last year?

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 08:42 »

Close out the Sens tonight and get some rest...

this series was closed out the 2nd period of game 3.  its been all down hill since for em.

Not so fast...we cannot lose game 6.  Remember what we did to Detroit last year?

Looks like the Pens had the same mentality as the fans the first period; they would just raise the white flag and say no mas!  Hey at least we all get to see another game on Saturday.  so grab a brew and enjoy.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 11:00 »

The Sens blocked, what 40 fucking shots? Tebow Christ.

Yeah they deserve some credit for this.  OTOH, I lost count by the second period of the number of times Guerin, McKee, Letang or Goloigoski would shoot the puck into a player who was already on the ice, or worse yet, directly into the shins of a player standing 10 feet in front of them.  It's like they thought because eClaire was in net, anything they shot would go in.  Horrible shot selection.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Apr 25, 2010 at 07:23 »

Effing sweet.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #34 on: Apr 25, 2010 at 10:22 »

Effing sweet.

Yep. Go Habs!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:42 »

no doubt!  but after watching the Eastern conf. play out, there is no reason to believe the Pens shouldnt be considered the odds on favorite to make it to the finals.  aside from game 1, the Pens have been improving on all sides.  They are a very powerful team.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:49 »

no doubt!  but after watching the Eastern conf. play out, there is no reason to believe the Pens shouldnt be considered the odds on favorite to make it to the finals.  aside from game 1, the Pens have been improving on all sides.  They are a very powerful team.

Dunno, man.  Fleury has not been good really all year; he's gonna have to turn it on next round I think. 

I don't want to win the East and then lose in 6 to fucking Detroit or Vancouver or whoever, but that's what we'll be looking at if MAF doesn't stop giving up the softies. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:56 »

Dunno, man.  Fleury has not been good really all year; he's gonna have to turn it on next round I think. 

I don't want to win the East and then lose in 6 to fucking Detroit or Vancouver or whoever, but that's what we'll be looking at if MAF doesn't stop giving up the softies. 

After giving up some soft ones I'm really impressed how he has been able to close out a few games.  notably game 6 after giving up a 3-0 goal lead.  and game 5 after staking them a 2 goal dis-advantage.

Also keep in mind that the defensive style they employ will yield some shitty goals from time to time.

However, one area the pens have a weakness is shooting from the blue line quickly enough IMO.  games 5/6 were prime examples where gonchar or Gogs hesitated a split second too late to shoot.  enough time for it to be blocked.  angry4

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #38 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 12:12 »

Yeah, while MAF has given up his patented softies, he has been hung out to dry on many occasions (tying goal in game 5 which Feds gave-away, 1st goal in game 6 which Letang pinched and Guerin got caught in no-man's-land, etc.). I think overall he's been pretty damn good and have alot more confidence in him going forward than I would say someone like Rask or Varmalov. He's a proven playoff performer and locked it down when he had to in the series.

As far as who comes out of the east, it a tossup between us and Washington imo. Washington may capitalize more on scoring chances than Ottawa did due to their talent at forward, but I don't see them ever blocking 40 shots, collapsing the net, etc. like Ottawa did. It'll go 7 and probably come down to Varmalov/Fluery.

We'd have a bad matchup against whoever comes out of the west. But I'll worry about that if it happens.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 12:15 »

Yes, MAF is infinitely preferable to Rask or Varlamov, and yes, he does get left on island frequently because of our up-tempo style.

However, he has to be better than he was against ottawa.  Especially if he faces a proven playoff winner like Boucher.

*snicker*

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: