Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 20:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ginn for 5th  (Read 435 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Apr 16, 2010 at 20:15 »

Ted Ginn Jr. gone to 49ers for fifth.  Could have gotten him for what we got for Santonio.

Not saying he's a Pro Bowler, but I figure a 5th rounder has less than 50/50 chance of making the roster, much less having significant impact.  A three year vet, even a marginal one, is more likely to contribute.  And I think Ginn has some upside left in the right situation.

How come we NEVER seem to get on the right side of the veteran giveaways?  Not since Bettis at any rate.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2010 at 13:14 »

Heck, we could've used him just to return punts and kickoffs.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 11:43 »

Heck, we could've used him just to return punts and kickoffs.

This.

Goes to show ya how good of a deal the Jets got.  One month ago, if anyone would've suggested a Ted Ginn for Holmesy deal, straight up, they'd be laughed out of the room.  Now, people are settling for it.  And frankly, unless there's a bunch of other stuff going on (i.e. rape or murder charge on the horizon) that we don't know about SanAntonio, I could give a fuck about his "baggage" or "sending a message to the team or QB."  It doesn't justify a talent firesale at the expense of the team.

And yeah, I'm aware of his contract sitch and the team didn't appear to see him as a longterm answer.  They might've been tired of his shit, but I think they missed out on a good value opportunity.  His price tag couldn't have been lower and it could've been used as a valuable bargaining chip in extension talks.  Scare him down the straight and narrow path and use a decent sized contract with lower guarantees as the carrot to get him there.

Would've preferred that over adding another glaring positional need to this team.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: