Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 17:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Adam Schefter.... Roethlisberger for top 10 pick?  (Read 4942 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:50 »

The Raiders offered Asomugha for McNabb...If they offered us Asomugha and their 1st round pick for Ben...that might be worth considering. Asomugha is among the best cover corners in the game, however he's also making 12 mil a season. It's almost a crap shoot. If Ben fucks up one more time then he's gone and we wont get shit for him. But he is also is a top 5 QB, and if we were to trade him we'd need a lot in return. Tough situation, I think we really have to keep him and hope he doesn't fuck up again.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #21 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:02 »

I am guessing the Steelers will be talked about more than other team at the draft tomorrow night. We should get to see a lot of Rachel Nichols then.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:13 »

I am guessing the Steelers will be talked about more than other team at the draft tomorrow night. We should get to see a lot of Rachel Nichols then.

Wait, what?  Tomorrow?  Who the hell runs a draft the night I have spin class?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:19 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA

Well you should, Puma.  Well you should.

She said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Am I correct in saying that Ben will be the first player to be suspended without getting arrested or charged with a crime?

That's just wrong.

Actually, you are incorrect. Pacman was suspended for four games (maybe six?) when he was with the Cowboys and his security guard started a fight with him. No charges were pressed. No arrests were made. The security guard was fired. The police refused to investigate further. Goodell acted in his chode-ish manner.

Those situations aren't comparable at all.  Pacman was already on thin ice because of numerous transgressions in the past.  Plus, didn't he violate his parole by drinking or something?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:20 »

Trading Ben would be the best thing we could do since not drafting Danny Marino on the suspicion that he might be a blowhead.

Because a few decades-long SB drought makes the Lombardis that much more sweet.

Keep in mind that I am not advocating a trade.  I am saying that, if we trade him, it better be for more than $37.  I would prefer that Ben just stay put and get his crap together, but he has a long way to go to do that.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:21 »

And let me add that Mel Kiper Jr. is the only person on the air that annoys me more than Schefter and Schein.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:30 »

And let me add that Mel Kiper Jr. is the only person on the air that annoys me more than Schefter and Schein.

He's from Baltimore.

Do I really need to say anything else?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pumasgirl
N00b

« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:37 »

I'm a little concerned... I was just watching ESPN and Tim Hasselback was on talking about the suspension. He basically said that he didn't understand the suspension because Ben hasn't ever been arrested or charged with a crime and he questioned Goodell's decision making in this instance for meting out such a harsh punishment on a guy who has never been arrested. He also said that he thought the fact that the rumors were that the Steelers were only asking for a first round pick as compensation for Ben indicated to him that it was more of a scare tactic for Ben to send him the message that he's not above being traded if he messes up again. Now, all of these statements may seem like a positive to you, but what concerns me is that these are my opinions exactly and things I've been saying for days or weeks so either Tim Hasselback has my house/office/phone bugged or Tim Hasselback is in my head! Both scary propositions!
blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:39 »

The Raiders offered Asomugha for McNabb...If they offered us Asomugha and their 1st round pick for Ben...that might be worth considering. Asomugha is among the best cover corners in the game, however he's also making 12 mil a season. It's almost a crap shoot. If Ben fucks up one more time then he's gone and we wont get shit for him. But he is also is a top 5 QB, and if we were to trade him we'd need a lot in return. Tough situation, I think we really have to keep him and hope he doesn't fuck up again.
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

pumasgirl
N00b

« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 14:42 »

As for Ben's moodiness and temper... who cares? I'm a little moody and can have a temper at times when Puma doesn't take the trash out quickly enough or leaves me to change baby Ben's poopy diapers and I don't make millions of dollars a year! Why does everyone expect athletes and celebrities to always be "on" or pleasant or gracious. Aren't there times when you go out in public or at work when you aren't particularly pleasant? They're just people too!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: