Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 19:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Adam Schefter.... Roethlisberger for top 10 pick?  (Read 4925 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #70 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:10 »

Him speaking his side would only make him look more like a sleaze-ball most likely than he already is portrayed.

I think Ben was in a lose-lose situation with respect to speaking out vs. not speaking out.

Personally, I'd pick the lose option where I actually defend myself, but I'm not Ben. Last time I fucked a drunk 20 year old was in 1989.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #71 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:18 »

Last time I fucked a drunk 20 year old was in 1989.

wearing Zubaz no doubt!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #72 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:25 »

wearing Zubaz no doubt!

+1

Oh yeah, I had a pair. They looked great with those bright orange, pink & green t-shirts that were so popular. Even sported the Road Warriors buzz mohawk for a few weeks. That's what heavy drinking can do to a kid.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #73 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:30 »

wearing Zubaz no doubt!

+1

Oh yeah, I had a pair. They looked great with those bright orange, pink & green t-shirts that were so popular. Even sported the Road Warriors buzz mohawk for a few weeks. That's what heavy drinking can do to a kid.

Finny went through his rebellious years too during the tumultuous 80's. 

Finny in the 80's.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #74 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:31 »

No, I know the media isn't going to stfu, which is why I lean toward Ben not saying anything at this point.
It's only going to become a battle of him defending himself while the media and others paint him as a disingenuous, priviledged ass.  He can't win this battle right now.

I agree with Brinker.  Lay low, make it through the draft without getting traded, go do your evaluation.  Once eval'd, get your ass to workouts, lose 40lbs and come out swinging for camp & pre-season.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #75 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:35 »

wearing Zubaz no doubt!

+1

Finny went through his rebellious years too during the tumultuous 80's. 

Finny in the 80's.

finny started the EMO trend

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #76 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:42 »

lose 40lbs and come out swinging for camp & pre-season.

Not sure if Ben's image can handle any swinging atm.  Agree on the 40 lbs thingy, he is bloating into Lorenzen territory.

Bubby
N00b

« Reply #77 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 10:58 »

Wow, I guess I'm the only person who thinks they should trade him.

From the business side: If he fucks up again, he's worthless. Get something while you still can. This will hurt the team's revenue stream. Think women not buying pink #7 jerseys. Of course, the games will still sell out, but I think this damages their image and impacts merchandizing measurably. I also suspect we may have already gotten the best years of Ben's career.

From the personal side: doesn't anyone want to feel good about who they're cheering for? I do. There's an emerging profile for Ben that he's a sexual predator. That's for real. Maybe there isn't an awareness of how frequently sexual assaults, including rapes, are not successfully prosecuted. It's very, very common, especially if the victim isn't inclined to work with prosecutors. So, the fact that he wasn't charged is fairly moot. I mean, there's a very high probability that this dude is a rapist given what's been put out there. At best, he's a scum bag who thinks he's untouchable. I gave Ben the benefit of the doubt in the Nevada case. And that should have been a sufficient wake up call. For most it would have been. Think Kobe Bryant, squeaky clean ever since.

The Rooneys gave this guy the biggest contract in franchise history, invested 100 million fucking dollars in him and gave him the keys to the castle. By exercising repeated poor judgement in the off-season, by living only for himself (not his team and the responsibilities entrusted to him as a leader) he's essentially thrown it back in their face. I have no problem with them trading Ben. In fact, I think they should.  

Dude.
You have a picture of Bubby Brister as your avatar.
That's proof that your judgement can't be trusted.

Ad hominem
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #78 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 11:11 »

Ad hominem

You might wanna make sure your sarcasm meter is in proper working order.

It's a device that will come in handy 'round here.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #79 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:13 »

I agree with Brinker.  Lay low, make it through the draft without getting traded, go do your evaluation.  Once eval'd, get your ass to workouts, lose 40lbs and come out swinging for camp & pre-season.

Any chance Ben shows up focused with incredible dtermination this year?  And, in the best shape of his career?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: