Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 16:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Adam Schefter.... Roethlisberger for top 10 pick?  (Read 4849 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #80 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:20 »

Any chance Ben shows up focused with incredible determination this year?  And, in the best shape of his career?

You mean with the Raiders?

VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #81 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:32 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA

Well you should, Puma.  Well you should.

She said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Am I correct in saying that Ben will be the first player to be suspended without getting arrested or charged with a crime?

That's just wrong.

We are probably the only three women in the Steeler Nation that think this way.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:56 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA

Well you should, Puma.  Well you should.

She said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Am I correct in saying that Ben will be the first player to be suspended without getting arrested or charged with a crime?

That's just wrong.

We are probably the only three women in the Steeler Nation that think this way.

Yep, we are.  But that's why we come to this board!
 B)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #83 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 15:12 »

Adam_Schefter reports....    A source close to situation says it is "extremely unlikely" the Pittsburgh Steelers will trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. 
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 15:40 »

Adam_Schefter reports....    A source close to situation says it is "extremely unlikely" the Pittsburgh Steelers will trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. 

In other words "Please disregard all those bullshit rumors my compatriots and I have been spewing over the past two weeks, we have no fucking clue what we are talking about and yet are paid millions to do this 'reporting'."

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #85 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 15:46 »

Ron Cook wrote a great article about the "trade talks" today, basically said eveyone needs to calm down and be realistic.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10112/1052429-87.stm

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 16:03 »

In other words "Please disregard all those bullshit rumors my compatriots and I have been spewing over the past two weeks, we have no fucking clue what we are talking about and yet are paid millions to do this 'reporting'."

Actually, they get paid millions to get people to watch.  And here we sit in the midst of a 5-page thread talking about Schefter's BS, checking ESPN.com and NFL Live and the Bottom Line ticker.

Job well-done, Schefty.

But you are still a major-league tool. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: