Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 21:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Adam Schefter.... Roethlisberger for top 10 pick?  (Read 4897 times)
blitzburghisback
N00b

« on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:02 »

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:13 »

Lets say this is true...  who could the team considering the move be? 

1. Rams - this makes a lot of sense.  Could be fire to go with that smoke.
2. Lions - would seem to be set at QB.
3. Bucs - have a QB of the future in place but could be interested in upgrading.  Seems a long shot to me...
4. 'Skins - I could see them drafting a QB in waiting behind McNabb but not adding Ben
5. Chiefs - Done with Cassel already?  I wouldn't think so.
6. Seahawks - Maybe, Hasselback is not getting younger maybe Carroll wants to make a splash.
7. Browns - Can't see the Steelers doing that even if they are interested
8. Raiders - Seems like there kind of move.  Guy in trouble... 
9. Bills - punishment for Ben by shipping him to NFL purgatory?  Maybe, there is a def. need there.
10.Jags - I can't see them making the move but Garrard isn't a big game QB (unless he plays the Steelers.) 

I would say that Seahawks, Raiders, and Bills seem the most likely but I think this is all smoke and no fire...

PUMA
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:21 »

Absolutely NO return on value with one R1.  Horrible, horrible.

Don't do it.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:22 »

I'm starting to believe that this is going to happen. The Rooney's are getting a free pass in this situation because it seems alot of Pittsburghers want him gone, right or wrong.

If it happens they damn well better get more than 1 top ten pick and put me on the team that doesn't want him traded at all. And if it happens my guess is its the Raiders.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:23 »

Schefter (like his new buddy Mortensen) is a notorious gossip monger.  You can't believe a word he says unless you read it somewhere else first.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:26 »

I can't see them doing it, but if they did, you'd sure as fuck want it to be a deal that was just too good to pass on.

And based on recent history, you know they'd just give him away.

I'd rather they make their statements behind a microphone.
pumasgirl
N00b

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:35 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:38 »

I can't see them doing it, but if they did, you'd sure as fuck want it to be a deal that was just too good to pass on.

And based on recent history, you know they'd just give him away.

I'd rather they make their statements behind a microphone.

This.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:39 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:49 »

Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

No doubt, Krunt Wurmer retired last season!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: