Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 08:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Adam Schefter.... Roethlisberger for top 10 pick?  (Read 4367 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:06 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA

Well you should, Puma.  Well you should.

She said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Am I correct in saying that Ben will be the first player to be suspended without getting arrested or charged with a crime?

That's just wrong.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:28 »

The only way you do this is with the Rams, for this year's #1 and players or additional pics.

I have my own opinions on the matter, but Ben is here for good.  Time for him to eat some humble pie and get back into the good graces of the fans, the FO, and the sponsors who might be willing to pay his bills after his brain is pickled by Bart Scott or Harley Davidson, whichever one gets to him first.

Seriously, the guy has had too many concussions.  He needs to secure that sponsorship income for the future.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:39 »

Trading Ben would be the best thing we could do since not drafting Danny Marino on the suspicion that he might be a blowhead.

Because a few decades-long SB drought makes the Lombardis that much more sweet.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:50 »

What does "trading him to punish him" solve exactly? He goes from being a multi-millionaire starting QB here to being one somewhere else. I just think that even if the Steelers want him to learn a lesson, they can do that more effectively by keeping him here and holding him to a high standard.

I don't know. I'm sickened by the idea of them trading him. Is there something we don't know? I'd heard Bouchette once write (before even the Nevada story) in a chat on the PG site that Ben has problems with his mood and temper, possibly attributable to his head injuries. Is there more context to this than we know?
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:01 »

Lets say this is true...  who could the team considering the move be? 

1. Rams - this makes a lot of sense.  Could be fire to go with that smoke.
2. Lions - would seem to be set at QB.
3. Bucs - have a QB of the future in place but could be interested in upgrading.  Seems a long shot to me...
4. 'Skins - I could see them drafting a QB in waiting behind McNabb but not adding Ben
5. Chiefs - Done with Cassel already?  I wouldn't think so.
6. Seahawks - Maybe, Hasselback is not getting younger maybe Carroll wants to make a splash.
7. Browns - Can't see the Steelers doing that even if they are interested
8. Raiders - Seems like there kind of move.  Guy in trouble... 
9. Bills - punishment for Ben by shipping him to NFL purgatory?  Maybe, there is a def. need there.
10.Jags - I can't see them making the move but Garrard isn't a big game QB (unless he plays the Steelers.) 

I would say that Seahawks, Raiders, and Bills seem the most likely but I think this is all smoke and no fire...

PUMA

If this is all they're asking for him, teams should be lining up to offer their top ten pick. They need next year's too and probably a replacement QB for this year IMO.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:07 »

It can't be for just 1 first round pick can it? Jay Cutler went for 2 first round picks + a 3rd round pick + Kyle Orton. Hopefully this is just to see which top 10 team can come up with the best package... or better yet a scare tactic by the Steelers would be the best scenario.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:39 by blitzburghisback » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:11 »

It can't be for just 1 first round pick can it? Jay Cutler went for 2 first round picks + a 3rd pick + Kyle Orton. Hopefully this is just to see which top 10 team can come up with the best package... or better yet a scare tactic by the Steelers would be the best scenario.

Well, when you put it like that...

... I can see us trading him away for a fifth rounder and some magic beans.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:12 »

This isn't going to happen! The Rooneys have said that they aren't actively shopping a trade for Ben, but that they would consider any trade proposals that were made to them. I think they only said that much to scare Ben a little bit more. I also saw a report from John Clayton that if Ben has a third offense then he'll be traded, but that the Steelers aren't ready to ship him out just yet. I'm firmly planted in the camp of no suspension for Ben because although what he did was sleazy it wasn't illegal and not all that far fetched from other activities that happen at college bars on a regular basis. He just shouldn't be hanging out at college bars! Maybe instead while in Georgia he should frequent nightclubs in Atlanta so that he could help to obstruct justice and cover up a murder his friend committed. Then he could redeem himself and become all spiritual. Although God already has a linebacker (thanks to Ray Lewis) I think he still needs a QB.

I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!  Well said!

PUMA

Well you should, Puma.  Well you should.

She said pretty much what I've been thinking.

Am I correct in saying that Ben will be the first player to be suspended without getting arrested or charged with a crime?

That's just wrong.

Actually, you are incorrect. Pacman was suspended for four games (maybe six?) when he was with the Cowboys and his security guard started a fight with him. No charges were pressed. No arrests were made. The security guard was fired. The police refused to investigate further. Goodell acted in his chode-ish manner.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #18 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:45 »

This from Schefter also:  Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.  He says the Rams and Bills are known no's on being interested.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #19 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:48 »

This from Schefter also:  Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.  He says the Rams and Bills are known no's on being interested.

If I have to watch Ben next year in orange and shitstain my fucking head is going to explode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: