Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 16:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN Reporting 4-6 games for Ben  (Read 3513 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 17:26 »

So why isn't every guy who gets a DUI getting 6, too?

Or every wife-beater or girlfriend-beater getting more?

It's all PR.  That's it.  NFL is big money, Goodell is there to protect the big money for the big money owners and the big money athletes, by not pissing off the majority of money-spending fans.  If Goodell thought boiling his mother in a pot would save a billion dollars for the NFL, Mother Goodell would be joining Jonzr's pool lobster with the Zatarains tonight.

Just for the record, I think this suspension is ridiculous. Way too much. I did not think he should be suspended unless charges were brought, but I would have understood 2 games that that he brought on himself by being an idiot. I also do not "want" to see him traded, but if the right offer comes along, I understand getting out and getting value for him now rather than nothing the next time he Fs up.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 17:48 »

So why isn't every guy who gets a DUI getting 6, too?

Or every wife-beater or girlfriend-beater getting more?

It's all PR.  That's it.  NFL is big money, Goodell is there to protect the big money for the big money owners and the big money athletes, by not pissing off the majority of money-spending fans.  If Goodell thought boiling his mother in a pot would save a billion dollars for the NFL, Mother Goodell would be joining Jonzr's pool lobster with the Zatarains tonight.

Just for the record, I think this suspension is ridiculous. Way too much. I did not think he should be suspended unless charges were brought, but I would have understood 2 games that that he brought on himself by being an idiot. I also do not "want" to see him traded, but if the right offer comes along, I understand getting out and getting value for him now rather than nothing the next time he Fs up.

Problem is, no offer is gonna come along worth what he's worth.  It just ain't.

I don't buy any rumor that the FO is shopping Ben, not one single iota.  I think the Rooneys are being coy, is what it is: they aren't commenting, and their non-denial then says to Ben that he's not indispensable. 

A year and change post one of the great comeback combos in Super Bowl history, and the receiver is shipped out of town for peanuts, and the passer is given a good shaking.  Reports are Ben is scared, and he should be. 

OTOH, who are the elite QBs in the league?  The ones that can deliver a trophy?  Consensus says, now, Brady, Peyton, Ben, and Brees.  Warner's gone, and Favre is close enough to.  Rivers, maybe, maybe someday.  Anyone else?  I say no.  So the past 10 Super Bowls, 7 were helmed by the elites.  Go back to the 90s, you have Favre, Warner, Elway, Young, Aikman.  At any one time, there are 4-5 elite guys, period.  We have one of them.  Brady is 32 and Manning is 34, so they're not forever.  Brees is 31, but looks like he has a window yet.  Who are the elites of the next decade?  Ben and Brees and... Ryan?  Flacco??  Rivers?  Point, over-elaborated, is that QB is a crapshoot for competency, much less greatness. 

If we trade Ben, my enjoyment of this sport will be greatly compromised.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 19:01 »

If we trade Ben, my enjoyment of this sport will be greatly compromised.

Ditto that.  And the girls will be in mourning.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 21:59 »

I will now be looking to fight Roger Goddell. This is the last straw.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: