Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 23:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 games it is...  (Read 1244 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:25 »

Six games it is.

*Yeah, I don't know how to insert it cleanly without the whole url.
Sorry...

*Fixed - FW.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 at 13:31 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:33 »

This is BULL SHIT!  

Alcohol as a consideration for the suspension?  Isn't  that the clubs responsibility to make sure their customers are legal?  No charges EVER!  So now poor decision making is a suspendible offense?  When does Goodell's suspension start? 

This reeks of reverse racism so the Whitey Goodell doesn't have to answer to the angry African American players over a just suspension...  

Awful!

PUMA
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 15:53 »

Actually, I think the NFLPA is going to have a field day with this.  No criminal charges have been filed, and yet you are giving Ben a 6 game suspension.  Let me see, I think I am heading to New England and accusing Tom Brady of sexually assaulting me.  Its a bad precedent to set, and I hope the NFLPA sees this.  The funny thing is, Shaun Rodgers was busted red handed for trying to carry a loaded firearm onto a plane, this happened 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Haven't heard one word about it since the day it happened, but yet everyday, we are hearing about Ben.   
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 16:00 »

Someone should ask, "Commissioner Goodell, have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Whatever he answers should result in his immediate termination as Commissioner due to the selfsame conduct policy.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 16:09 »

Ben was an idiot to put himself in that situation to begin wtih but this whole thing now smacks of "let's make an example out of Ben". OK, so what will the NFL do about the Colts' player, Eric Foster, who was accused of the same damn thing??? Better be another 6 game suspension for him as well, with or without charges being pressed.
This is bullshit and I guaran-damn-tee that if Ben is traded and we have a crappy season, the same people (fans) that are howling for him to be cut will be howling because the Rooneys let him go!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 16:35 »

Ben was an idiot to put himself in that situation to begin wtih but this whole thing now smacks of "let's make an example out of Ben". OK, so what will the NFL do about the Colts' player, Eric Foster, who was accused of the same damn thing??? Better be another 6 game suspension for him as well, with or without charges being pressed.
This is bullshit and I guaran-damn-tee that if Ben is traded and we have a crappy season, the same people (fans) that are howling for him to be cut will be howling because the Rooneys let him go!

No doubt.  I will be pissed as hell if he's traded. 

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 17:57 »

No doubt.  I will be pissed as hell if he's traded. 

Amen to all of this...

PUMA
jrobnz

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:37 »

Polian: Colts won't discipline Foster

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian says the team will not discipline defensive tackle Eric Foster, who faces a sexual assault lawsuit.
AFC South blog

A 22-year-old hotel receptionist is suing Foster, claiming that he sexually assaulted her in his room at an Indianapolis hotel before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 24.
Polian said Wednesday that the team has no reason to discipline Foster because police investigated the incident and prosecutors later decided not to file charges.
He says Foster remains with the team and will participate in its offseason program.
The Associated Press is not naming the woman because it generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:43 »

Holy shit.  Different rules for different players.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:59 »

Adolph Goodell policy --Guilty until proven innocent...or whatever I say!

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: