Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 01:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roethlisberger traded to Raiders????  (Read 1003 times)
blitzburghisback
N00b

« on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:05 »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/382699-ben-roethlisberger-traded-to-oakland-raiders
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:39 »

According to "reports out of Pittsburgh" ...

Now that's a solid source!  Reports are just wafting out of da 'Burgh and settling down on the series of tubes across the inner webs.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:50 »

Sources: Steelers trade talks preliminary

By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive
Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers fielding phone calls from other teams about the availability of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger over the past couple of days, it is extremely unlikely a trade will occur.

Multiple sources indicated the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger and have done nothing more than field phone calls. Many of the phone calls have come during the normal course of conversations of teams just checking in with the Steelers to see if they were willing to make other deals.

The conversions with other teams would only be termed preliminary, but with the draft set to start Thursday night, there would not be time to put a deal together and it's debatable whether the Steelers would be willing to trade him at this state.

An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source.

Roethlisberger was suspended for six games by commissioner Roger Goodell, but he has a chance to return after four games if he fulfills a checklist of obligations presented to him by the commissioner.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
blitzburghisback
N00b

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:56 »

That makes me feel better... I did not like the Oakland trade
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 16:12 »

An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source.

That singular inclusion makes this story absolutely unbelievable.  There is no way that even our FO would be dumb enough to trade BBR to a team that we play minimum of twice a year.  This is a complete smokescreen to see if anyone would either offer some massive package of players & picks; or to try to scare Ben straight.

From what I've been seeing today, it seems like teams are calling the Steelers as much or more than the other way around.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:05 »

I'd make a deal with the Raiders, Ben and our #1 for Asomugha and their #1 this year and next, in a heartbeat.

Provided of course that Asomugha's deal was first restructured for the same amount of money over 7 years instead of 3.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:26 »

I'd make a deal with the Raiders, Ben and our #1 for Asomugha and their #1 this year and next, in a heartbeat.

Provided of course that Asomugha's deal was first restructured for the same amount of money over 7 years instead of 3.

Raidahs have no 2011 R1 (Seymour deal with NE).

FWIW, Wexell is now getting in on the trade rumor-mongering, saying we might move Ben to KC due to interest in Suh as a 3-4 DE.  Fine, but you'd damned better be throwing in next year's one, and at least one or two R2-3 picks over this and next year's draft, and a few truckloads of ribs.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:29 »

Raidahs have no 2011 R1 (Seymour deal with NE).

FWIW, Wexell is now getting in on the trade rumor-mongering, saying we might move Ben to KC due to interest in Suh as a 3-4 DE.  Fine, but you'd damned better be throwing in next year's one, and at least one or two R2-3 picks over this and next year's draft, and a few truckloads of ribs.

I thought Wex would be the one guy to stay above the fray on this bidniss.  Guess not.   :huh:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:30 »

Fer goshsakes, Ben is a mega-douche off the field but a damn good QB on Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays...or possibly a December Saturday)

The team has been drafted and built around him in the early rounds the past few years.  Hell, we paid good money to Heat Miller to be as good as a receiver as he is a blocker.  Hell, Ben is the only reason Spaeth is even on the roster.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 23:44 »

Fer goshsakes, Ben is a mega-douche off the field but a damn good QB on Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays...or possibly a December Saturday)

The team has been drafted and built around him in the early rounds the past few years.  Hell, we paid good money to Heat Miller to be as good as a receiver as he is a blocker.  Hell, Ben is the only reason Spaeth is even on the roster.

Yes, scac, you are exactly right about all of that.  I really hope Roethlisberger gets his head out of his ass at some point, because if he ever got into to shape and really got into some serious film study-- to learning his craft, in short-- he could be as good as anyone to ever play. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: