Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 16:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread ***  (Read 9306 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #180 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 14:56 »

BMac got eaten alive in Zona.  He's as bad as Gay.  And he's 29.

It's a horrible draft, dude, seriously.  And Dwyer really ain't that good, it's just that compared to the rest of the D3 picks he looks like a god.

You may be right about BMac.  But the sad thing is, compared to the rest of our draft, it may be the best move of the day.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #181 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 15:02 »

Fuck, I was all excited for this draft too. This is really frustrating. From what I can tell, we got one sure starter, and there's a good chance he may be the only one left on the roster five years from now unless the hand of God reaches down into our training room and brings about some miracles.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #182 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 15:12 »

This is really frustrating. From what I can tell, we got one sure starter, and there's a good chance he may be the only one left on the roster five years from now unless the hand of God reaches down into our training room and brings about some miracles.

On first blush, this seems to be an example of my worst nightmare in terms of draft strategy:  the old "Drafting for Depth" theory.  My problem with that is the best you could expect is exactly that... if they make the team, ya got a team chockfull of back-ups & special teamers. 

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #183 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 15:50 »

Worthington, eh? Meh, okay. Anthor PS hopeful. Not that there was all that much talent there to choose from. Anyway, I agree, this draft is at best some depth at some spots. Okay, I'm going to the shooting rage for a while to blow holes in things.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #184 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 15:55 »

Okay, I'm going to the shooting rage for a while to blow holes in things.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #185 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:01 »

I am not willing to admit it to myself...this draft blows

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #186 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:24 »

I don't really watch the draft, but I stopped on ESPN long enough to hear that the Bungles & Ravens were Draft Winners and the Steelers were Draft Losers.

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #187 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:27 »

Not sure what guys are complaining about.  After this draft I only see one problem...

We are DANGEROUSLY THIN at LB!!!
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #188 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:28 »

Drafting so many LB do we let Woodley walk after 2011?

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #189 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:32 »

Ok, is it possible that that this weird defensive draft is a foray into building a 4-3?

Or are all of these DE's too undersized for 4-3 NFL defensive ends, and too big to play 4-3 linebackers?

I realize that is probably a reach, but I can't believe that our FO is so fucking incompetent. They must have some kind of trick up their sleeve, eh?

Or is Colbert just trying to destroy the team before he leaves to join Cowher?

I'm very frustrated with this draft.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: