Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 16:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben and ESPN OTL  (Read 647 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Apr 26, 2010 at 08:51 »

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5133803&categoryid=2378529 Small | Large

Hadn't seen this until just now.  Id didn't sound vindictive or "piling on", but I was suprised.  Sounds like Ben has a lot of work to do and it seems the Georgia thing was the last straw for his image.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:08 »

Didn't know about this either. Wasn't 2007 the year Ben set several team passing records and didn't win team MVP (voted by the players)? That would probably explain in large part why.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:39 »

Even though they said Porter refused to be interviewed, that darkened figure sure looked and sounded a little like peazy to me.

I remember back in Bens rookie season reading about Bettis bringing Ben to their weekly poker game and Porter saying to the effect "who brought this crackah to the party?"

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 10:07 »

Cheech & Chong & Dookie.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 10:29 »

So basically, they have one witness: long-time Steeler Najeh Davenport.

I do think that it's possible that Ben suffers from the same problem that afflicts lottery winners. Many people who win the lottery end up with their lives destoryed by having their social positions transformed completely - and I imagine that has to happen with many professional athletes, too.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 10:34 »

Getting a guy who famously took a shit in a girls closet to speak about someone else's image problem = Priceless.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 22:06 »

So basically, they have one witness: long-time Steeler Najeh Davenport.

Articles from OTL also drew a lot from Mike Logan.  I'd say that Logan has earned a lot more respect than Dump.

I do think that it's possible that Ben suffers from the same problem that afflicts lottery winners. Many people who win the lottery end up with their lives destoryed by having their social positions transformed completely - and I imagine that has to happen with many professional athletes, too.

Yes, I could see that.  But the problem is pretty obvious now, hopefully even to Ben himself.  There are enough people around him that want and need him to succeed that he has a chance to avoid that fate.  Hopefully he will.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Bogman
N00b

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 02:06 »

Getting a guy who famously took a shit in a girls closet to speak about someone else's image problem = Priceless.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!  My friends and I always call him The Closet Shitter

I remember him saying he "was going to enjoy all the smaller things in life," after his motorcycle accident so maybe that's why he was always last in, first out.  Of coursed he always has seemed like a huge D-Bag too.  As far as the stuff at the bars go I work in service and a saying I like is "if a person is nice to you and not nice to the waiter, they are not a nice person."

The Channel Cast, bringing you comedy, news, sports and entertainment
www.thechannelcast.co m
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: