Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HABS-PENS  (Read 4082 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010 at 23:36 »

Wow and the Sharks kill full minute 6 on 3 to eliminate Detroit. Nice.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010 at 23:40 »

Crosby look so lost without the puck.  I guess he must be tired; no doubt lifting an entire nation must be tiring (remember that, otis?). 

No doubt! I'm sure Sid and Geno will bounce back next series though.

Great win tonight. Looks like it'll be San Jose vs Chicago, and hopefully us against Boston. I'm not ready to pencil in anything just yet...Seems like Montreal always has the puck bounce their way.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010 at 20:32 »

Thank goodness we got the win last night.  But it still has me sweating that we can't even put the puck in the net, even without the goalie.

I just cannot believe that the Montreal "possum" routine is going to keep working.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010 at 11:38 »

Does anyone remember the last playoff series we won at home? Last year we won everyone on the road, including the Stanley Cup, and we beat Ottawa in their house this year. I have a feeling we're gonna slam the book shut on these fairy tale Cinderella assholes tonight. Go Pens!  
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 at 12:26 by whitmer_87 » Logged

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010 at 15:23 »

Does anyone remember the last playoff series we won at home? Last year we won everyone on the road, including the Stanley Cup, and we beat Ottawa in their house this year. I have a feeling we're gonna slam the book shut on these fairy tale Cinderella assholes tonight. Go Pens!  

Won the ECFs against the Flyers at home in 2008 I think.

Between their wanting a penalty everytime one of their players falls and their Philly taunt ripoff (Crosby sucks? Really? Couldn't do any better than that?) Montreal fans piss me off. It would be great to end it tonight in their house, and even better in a blowout, and even better with Sid going for about 5 points.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010 at 09:38 »

What a fuckiong embarassment.  I see everyone else is too depressed to post.

The Canadiens have two guys who can play.  Cammalleri and Halak.  If we go down to them it might be just bad enough to replace the David Volek memories.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010 at 11:23 »

Yeah that was a pretty gutless performance. I honestly don't know how to feel about Wed, I think it's 50-50 at this point. No question who the better team is, but I'm sure that's how Washington felt two weeks ago.

MAF probably rebounds, but can we fucking score more than 2 goals in a game? Can we eliminate shitacular turnovers? Will someone get in Cammalleri's face a feed him his fucking lunch or will we continue to let him pick his shots? Will the Goligoski/Leopold pairing stop sucking?

To many variables can change the outcome in a game 7 so I'm finally officially worried.

But regardless, Let's go Pens!

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010 at 11:48 »

To many variables can change the outcome in a game 7 so I'm finally officially worried.

Yeah, I'd say very worried.  Hopefully MAF keeps his every-other-game streak going; although, I would not pin last night's loss on him. 

I actually started getting worried Saturday night when we missed three empty-netters.  It's like we have a mental block finding the goal.

I'm not the officianado that you guys are, but does it seem like the Pens just need to skate like hell and keep throwing the puck at the net?  It looks as if they are always trying to make the perfect pass or perfect shot.  Keep pelting this guy and he's bound to break at some point.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010 at 12:17 »

I'm not the officianado that you guys are, but does it seem like the Pens just need to skate like hell and keep throwing the puck at the net?  It looks as if they are always trying to make the perfect pass or perfect shot.  Keep pelting this guy and he's bound to break at some point.

Well they are getting a ton of shots on net, but the question is are they getting good shots? They seem to be getting alot of bad angle shots off of their cycles and Montreal is really collapsing the net to eliminate rebounds/2nd chances. I think this is forcing the Penguins to press and their defenseman to pinch more (since they are really the only ones getting really good chances due to Montreal's collaping 4-5 players on the net). If they pinch and miss it leads to oddman breaks for Montreal since for some reason our forwards haven't been covering our defenseman's asses.

It's been a catch-22 and it sucks. Obviously there are other problems. They played a very soft game last night in comparison to game 5. Fluery has been maddeningly inconsistent the entire series and the defensemen haven't done him any favors.

But as you said you have to think if they stick to their game and keep plugging away they win game 7. I still think we're much better equipped than Washington to deal with these guys, but their gameplan is working better than I thought it could against the Pens.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010 at 12:54 »

Forgot to mention the absolutely inexplicable whistle that took a wide open goal away from Geno.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: