Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 13:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East - West Mirror Image  (Read 569 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Apr 29, 2010 at 09:06 »

Top three seeds fall in the East and the top three seeds make it through in the West.  Gotta love the funky symmetry that allows the #4 Pens and the #5 Red Wings to make it through, keeping the rematch possibilities alive.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 09:17 »

Of the four remaining I would rank in order of playing preference:

Hawks - Not just the Hossa grudge match, but Kane and Toews would be exciting hockey against Crosby and Malkin

Sharks - the commute would blow, but would be worth it for some open ice hockey.

Wagon wheels - Meh, screw the rubber match

Canooks - yea yea, they have the double mint twins, but thats about as boring as Seattle in the superbowl

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 09:36 »

Of the four remaining I would rank in order of playing preference:

Hawks - Not just the Hossa grudge match, but Kane and Toews would be exciting hockey against Crosby and Malkin

Sharks - the commute would blow, but would be worth it for some open ice hockey.

Wagon wheels - Meh, screw the rubber match

Canooks - yea yea, they have the double mint twins, but thats about as boring as Seattle in the superbowl

My order:

Hawks - agree. This would be the most exciting series. Young guns of the NHL, no bullshit trapping. Skill against skill, would be an awesome 7 game series IMO. Not sure their goaltending holds up to get them there (they should have been on the phone to get Vokuun at any price at the deadline)

Wings - the familiarity would really help us here, and I'm not sold on Howard. This is actually my prediction from the west, somehow these guys will find a way to make it back. The hockey gods want a grudgematch.

Canucks - I wouldn't like this matchup at all, Luongo has been more Jeckyl than Hyde, but he can flip a switch and they have a ton of offensive firepower.

San Jose - We've been historically bad out there.  I just really don't like the matchup
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 09:49 »

Hawks
Wings
Sharks
Canucks

I'd rather play the Sharks than the Canookies because I don't think their best players are particularly good when the spotlight is on.  Thornton, Marleau, Nabokov, all have histories of disappearing during the crunch.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 10:26 »

I'd like to see Det/Chi and Pitt/Phi in the conference finals.  After that, a third straight Det/Pitt SCF would be cool, but any matchup would be interesting IMO.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: