Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 09:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben now a metaphor  (Read 422 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: May 11, 2010 at 10:24 »

In his ]followup to last year's piece on Goldman Sachs, Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone includes not one but two references to BBR as a commodity irredeemably tainted.

Just as Pittsburgh Steeler Ben Roethlisberger will never recover from the image of him (allegedly) waving his dick at a scared 20-year-old coed in the darkened hallway of a Georgia nightclub, Goldman may never bounce back from the SEC's brutal blow-by-blow account of how the bank conspired with a hedge-fund magnate to bend one gullible business partner after another over the edge of the subprime housing market.

These flighty Tourre e-mails boasting of cashing in on a disaster and chuckling over the "surreal" experience of power-lying right in the face of a business partner are Goldman's very own Ben Roethlisberger drunken dick-waving moment.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010 at 10:37 »

I thought you were joking.  Not.  Well, BBR made his bed.  Now I'm gonna finish that article even though I know it'll make my blood boil. 

exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding
mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions 
exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding
mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions exploding mansions 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010 at 10:53 »

I loved this line.

So within the space of a few days, Goldman issued three different explanations, which progressed from (a) we absolutely, positively didn't do it, to (b) if we did do it, we didn't make any money doing it, and finally on to (c) if somebody did it, it was only that French cat Tourre, and here's his head if you want it.

Will have to keep an eye out for more Matt Taibbi, I like his style.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010 at 11:07 »

Horribad analogy.  Very poor attempt at using a (sports) "current event" to get your point across.

In a coupla years, most of this Nevada and Georgia crap will be forgotten and last time I checked, he's still got a fat contract to fall back on -- minus a few million for games suspended, of course.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010 at 11:18 »

If he would have made a Zeke Mowatt reference, we'd have known that he at least studied Dick Shakin' 101.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: