Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 14:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens/Flyers Game 1  (Read 632 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Oct 07, 2010 at 08:34 »

Lines yesterday at practice were:

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis
Eric Tangradi - Mike Comrie -Evgeni Malkin
Tyler Kennedy - Mark Letestu - Matt Cooke
Mike Rupp - Craig Adams/Maxime Talbot - Eric Godard

Zbynek Michalek - Brooks Orpik
Kris Letang - Paul Martin
Ben Lovejoy - Simon Despres
Alex Goligoski - Deryk Engelland

However, Tangradi was sent to wheeling (not WBS) and Patick Killeen was recalled. Kind of strange, it seems Tangradi made the team or he would have been assigned to WBS. I guess maybe there is a minor injury to one of the goalies and they sent Trangradi to wheeling because it's closer than WBS and he doesn't have to clear waivers.

Bummer, because that 2nd line looks very interesting with Tangradi invovled. My guess is Talbot moves up to LW on the 2nd line. If healthy, I think Asham replaces TK on the 3rd line. Lovejoy/Goligoski is probably the bottom pairing since Depres was sent back to St. Johns. Engelland really hasn't shown much and I doubt he sees time unless there's an injury.

Edit: According to the PG, Tandgradi recalled. Not sure what's going on now, guess Asham's injury may be worse than they thought.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10280/1093343-100.stm
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2010 at 08:42 by Merman1983 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2010 at 13:46 »

I'm so jealous of anyone going to this game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2010 at 16:35 »

Me too.  Heard crazy bastards have been waiting for tickets since 8pm last night.  Ill catch the game FOC on my couch. 

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2010 at 13:37 »

Well game 1 sucked. Good thing there are 81 more to go. Saw some good things and some bad things last night:

The Good:

1.) Tangradi passed the eye-test, at least last night. The guy was all over the place and I hope he isn't a roster casualty when Asham and Staal get back. I know that he is the only forward on the team that can be sent down without having to pass through waivers, but he looks like he belongs in a top-6 role. My only complaint is that he needs to play "bigger", but that should come with time. Would love to see him in front of the net on the PP.

2.) Keeping with the Tangradi theme, the 2nd line looks like it can really do some damage this year. It's early but it kind of reminds me of the Bugsy-Malkin-Sykora line back in 08.  Comrie and Geno seem to have a good chemistry going, and if he stays healthy I think Comrie will score about 25 goals. Huge for this team not to have to rely on the 1st line or playing Sid and Geno together.

3.) Tk looked pretty good, and his goal was sick. Guess rumors of one being shipped to the minors or out of town lights a fire under one's ass.

4.) I actually though Fluery looked pretty sharp. He made a couple of his patented unbelievable saves and I really only put one of those goals on him, The dump in that he failed to clear. The other was Martin's fault (didn't clear the front of the net) and the last was a horrible Letang give away on the power play. Apparently Letang was pretty sick and almost didn't play, so i guess he gets a pass.

The Bad:

1.) The power play was a fucking trainwreck. I know it's game one but it was bad. To many people trying to be fancy smancy, Malkin at the point, which is the worst idea ever, and too much perimeter shit. They are doing the same thing they did last year, playing every power play like it's a 5on 3. It's still early, but it needs to be fixed. Put Martin and the right point, Gogo at the left point, Sid along the boards, Malkin in the slot, and try Cooke/Tangradi/Asham/Kunitz in front until you find someone who can do the job.

2.) The defense was pretty sloppy. Hopefully playing together  more will fix that, I think it will.

3.) Put the puck in the fucking net. I swear they hit 4 or 5 posts and missed open nets completely. I know hitting the post in hockey is = catching a TD pass out of bounds in football, but fuck. Too many missed opportunities .

4.) The crowd sucked. Opening a new arena against an archrival and half the time you could hear a pin drop. Make some noise, damnit.

The ugly:

whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2010 at 14:11 »

Great post Merman.

I like was I saw for the most part last night. This team has a chance to be very special if they can get it all together.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2010 at 00:05 »

So the rumors are true? Martin is soft?  That'll be bad news.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2010 at 00:10 »

Martin, to me, looked like he was at a public skate at your local ice arena.  Maybe he was sick too.  Or just got a nut off.  Dunno.  But something was definitely not right.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: