Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 03:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Training Camp  (Read 1997 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 10:53 »

Tomlin looks like he unleashed hell in his pants in that photo.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 11:27 »

Meanwhile, we at Steeler Nation and elsewhere have been dealing with the Silly Season; the marriage of mob psychology, insufficient information, poor long term memory, runaway optimism (or pessimism) and absolutely no perspective.

These are a few of my favorite things ...

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 12:03 »

About six weeks ago I offered some opinions on why I thought that the Steelers might have a shot at that seventh Lombardi this year.

Stopped reading right thur.  

Signed,

AJ "Downer" Law

Seriously though, I just don't see it.

Can the Steelers survive the early season loss of Ben?<

It's kinda funny to read this sort of stuff.  You can't have it both ways, folks.  People constantly talk about including Ben on the short "elite" list of NFL QBs.  At his best, I believe that he belongs there too.  That said, you can't take somebody of that ability level and sideline him for a quarter of the season and not expect it to have an adverse impact.  IMO, his write up really dismisses BR's importance to this team's success.  If he's so great, his production and leadership shouldn't be easy to replace, right?  Or, if it is, and a QB controversy is created by Week 5, then I guess he isn't?  Which is it?  I just want to be sure I've got it down.

It's no secret.  This is a QB driven league.  And, I'm firmly in the "#7 is a top 5 QB" camp.  Without him, this squad will be fortunate to finish that four game (God help them if it's 6) stretch at 1-3.  Maybe they can scratch out a .500 record as a dome team has to go to Pittsburgh for the opener.  Maybe.

After that?  Well, Ben will have an extra week to get up to speed because of the bye; two, if you want to count Cleveland the following week.  IMO, that's a tall fucking order.  I also think it goes doubly for him as he doesn't have a rep for being a "first in, last out" guy.  So, he's gonna have an abbreviated camp participation, be completely detached for a month and change after that and then be able to just step on the practice field in early October and not miss a beat?  Whoa.

Nevermind the fact that proven WR depth is scary thin; the OL is still shit (I though it was 2010...just had a 2004 flashback...) even with the big assed Adams bandaid; the defense should still be pretty good provided everyone stays healthy, but they are another year older; and, what exactly has been done to try to fix the every-other-week special teams hemorrhagging?  

And finally, it's going to take a damn good juggling act through camp (and the preseason?...I can't remember if Ben is allowed to participate in preseason stuff ATM) on Tomlin's part to sufficiently prep BFL to start for those first four games while giving #7 some meaningful snaps so he's not too rusty in Week 5 and oh yeah, continue to try to develop DD too.

Yikes.

That's not enough to create a fuss?

Tomlin's going to really earn his paycheck in 2010.

Edit:  I forgot to include the ever present Hairyarms quotient too!

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 at 12:07 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2010 at 12:08 »

About six weeks ago I offered some opinions on why I thought that the Steelers might have a shot at that seventh Lombardi this year.

Stopped reading right thur.  

Signed,

AJ "Downer" Law

They have a shot. Everyone's 0-0 at this point. It's only after they're 0-4 that it will look bad. Right now, everything's comin' up roses!

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 09:40 »

What AJ said.   iagree

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 11:40 »

Anyone going to Friday night's camp session?  Took Friday off from work and will be heading over there.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 15:43 »

The isaac redman highlights from college were very nice.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: