Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 12:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF  (Read 979 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

WTF
« on: Jun 07, 2010 at 12:20 »

Now, I'm not a huge Ben supporter. I like him as a QB, think he's a douche as a person, don't mind him getting a suspension for what he did (bring on the flame war LC Wink ), and wouldn't have been too disappointed if he was traded (for value mind you), but the double standard in the NFL is just maddening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-ojinnaka&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Now, he should have probably been able to go through the entire legal process first too, but in this case, there was actually enough evidence for an arrest and he could have hurt or killed the girl by throwing her down the stairs and out of his house (not just asking her to leave, but actually throwing her out). Why the one gamer while Ben gets 6?

BTW, this guy went to DeMatha High School so they were talking about it on the sports morning show I listen to (Junkies) since some of them also went to DeMatha and they said that it is not the first time this guy has been arrested though I couldn't find any other links to back that up.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2010 at 14:18 »

his wife confronted him over his contact with a female friend on the social networking site Facebook. He was accused of tossing her down some stairs and throwing her out of the house.

Otismalibu just became a fan of Tossing Your Wife Down The Stairs & Our The Door.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010 at 22:40 »

Now, I'm not a huge Ben supporter. I like him as a QB, think he's a douche as a person, don't mind him getting a suspension for what he did (bring on the flame war LC Wink ), and wouldn't have been too disappointed if he was traded (for value mind you), but the double standard in the NFL is just maddening.

Nah, I completely get how people can go off of Ben. 
Y'all may forget that I'm a huge Kobe fan, and I forgive him everything, cause I think (know) the chick just wanted to fuck him, but things didn't go like she planned.  Same with Ben, except perhaps that he's an asshole.
How many 28 year olds aren't, when it comes to pussy?  He just has more money.  A LOT more money.

But - yes, there is a double standard.  Assault charge against a Colt bencher - no news.
LT - rape charge, arrest...no news.  Yes, I do realize he's retired, but an HOFer, if I'm not mistaken.

Several Packers accused of assault this weekend by two women.  Anybody hear that one??  Thoughts on their suspensions?

Double standards suck. I still REALLY doubt the Vegas allegations against Ben, since he came out so strongly against those. 

Anyway.....
Feel free to rape & pillage at your leisure.  Chances are, unless you're an MLB or NFL star, cops won't pick you up!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 06:56 »

Anyway.....
Feel free to rape & pillage at your leisure.  Chances are, unless you're an MLB or NFL star, cops won't pick you up!

Is that considered legal advice? Wink

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 08:33 »

Packer accused of sexual assault; nothing.  No hue and outcry from media, Commissioner, or general public.

Double standard, anyone?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2010 at 12:02 »

I'm writing Bud Selig about this.  He'll know what to not do.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 11:24 »

Packer accused of sexual assault; nothing.  No hue and outcry from media, Commissioner, or general public.

Double standard, anyone?

Of course there is a double standard. Tiger Woods or Ben Roethlisburger or Michael Vick in legal troubles is a hell of a lot more interesting than some linemen who only started 5 games. Double standards in the media should just be expected. Be honest, if ESPN reported every hour on the hour about Brandon Underwood wouldn't you be scratching your head, and asking yourself, "Who gives a shit?" I know I would be.

Ben getting in trouble off the field also brings a lot more negative attention on the NFL than this guy does. I think every situation is different, and there shouldn't be an automatic generic punishment instilled for every issue. It's a judgment call. This guy from Atlanta missing one game is big, but Ben missing one game? That's not even a slap on the wrist.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 19:04 »

Anyway.....

Is that considered legal advice? Wink

LOL!  Not so much!

Another thing that pisses me off - the huge friggin deal that the Georgia cops made out of releasing the evidence in Ben's case?  Really?
What, you need another 15 minutes of fame cause nobody's talked about it for a few weeks???

Jackasses.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: